Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>The Last Motorcycle Ride Of The Season.
shilala 11:53 AM 11-10-2011
On Tuesday Lisa and I rode our motorcycles over to her Mom and Dad's where they'll sit for the long winter.
It was gorgeous out, and stayed just warm enough for us to not freeze being we wore all our leather.
I started riding in March this year, my first trip turned into a ride through snowflakes. I jumped the gun a little on that one. I almost had to get pried off my bike I was so froze.

Did any of you guys wrap it up for the year yet? Any plans for the bikes over the winter? The bad part of storing them at Lisa's Mom and Dad's is that I won't get to clean all the tar off of them and polish everything until the Spring. I had big ideas for hanging more shiny stuff on my bike, too. That'll have to wait.
[Reply]
neoflex 12:00 PM 11-10-2011
Now living in NC, my bike is always ready to be ridden. Not unusual to get a super warm day in the Winter although I have been contemplating getting rid of the bike lately as I have literally been on it maybe 3 or 4 times this year. Most of which was just quick stints just to blow the dust off. Between the baby and work I have had little to no free time so I figured I may get rid of it and when free time starts to come around a little more often I will just get something else.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:12 PM 11-10-2011
I wait until they drop salt of the roads to put mine up, Scott. Rode on Christmas Day a few years back, you never know when we might get an Indian Summer. My last ride at this point was November 2nd.
[Reply]
shilala 12:19 PM 11-10-2011
I hated to put ours up for fear there's going to be a lot of nice days left. I need the room in the garage to get my shelves built, so it was a sad trade-off. :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:23 PM 11-10-2011
Still on the road Scott, like Tom I'll ride till the salt goes down. Since March I've logged 9000 miles this year, it was a great year to ride!
[Reply]
8lug 12:27 PM 11-10-2011
I put mine away last sat. I should have waited another week since the weather has been great. I started last march also, i rode through the white mts of NH. the snow banks were still 5 ft high but the temp was in the 60's.
[Reply]
Stephen 01:47 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I almost had to get pried off my bike I was so froze.
[Reply]
Remo 02:20 PM 11-10-2011
Man, I sure miss riding, sold my Roadie when we bought our boat :-)

Attached:
[Reply]
shilala 02:23 PM 11-10-2011
God, that movie is hilarious.
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:24 PM 11-10-2011
The last ride, no matter how nice, always sucks. I got Linda's to the shop last weekend, mines still in the garage...it snowed yesterday!
[Reply]
G G 02:24 PM 11-10-2011
Ridin mine to Epic tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 02:25 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Ridin mine to Epic tomorrow. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Ratters 11:44 PM 11-10-2011
Living in California, some of the best riding is in the winter. Ride up to the good roads, empty of cars, boats, and cops which clog them during the summer. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:51 PM 11-10-2011
Cops clog them? Must have more out West than we have here. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 12:01 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Damn cop cloggers :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:58 AM 11-11-2011
Cops wearing clogs is a real problem back East too
[Reply]
Ratters 11:36 PM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Oh man, during summer there are cops ALL OVER on the roads that are fun to ride, mostly because they are full of people pulling boats home after drinking all day and punks on motorcycles riding too fast. D Hell, on weekends they have a helicopter that flys over the area looking for law breakers.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 11:51 PM 11-11-2011
Lots of riding days in the winter in Phoenix. I just rode to the grocery store to pick up some Pectin today actually.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:31 AM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Oh man, during summer there are cops ALL OVER on the roads that are fun to ride, mostly because they are full of people pulling boats home after drinking all day and punks on motorcycles riding too fast. D Hell, on weekends they have a helicopter that flys over the area looking for law breakers.
I wish I had a helicopter. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 10:00 AM 11-12-2011
Going to be 66 out tomorrow so I think I may ride to work.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up