Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Community Spirit - Cigar style
G G 05:25 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
Well said Dave.

For me, the cigars is what initially brought us together. Its the resulting friendships that keep us together.
I can't agree more. I have made what i consider to be true friends through the boards.:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:28 PM 10-20-2008
A tear comes to the eye......
[Reply]
rck70 05:34 PM 10-20-2008
Amen Brotha:-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 05:35 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
We come from all walks of life, young pups to old farts, Obsessed to merely curious about cigars.
Old Fart.

Check.

Obsessed.

Hmmmm.

Well.

Hmmmm.

Ahh.

Well.

Check.
[Reply]
RottenZombie 05:41 PM 10-20-2008
Well said :-) As some one nearly famous once said .

I Like You ,

And cake

:-)
[Reply]
macms 05:44 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by poker:
Well said Dave.

For me, the cigars is what initially brought us together. Its the resulting friendships that keep us together.
Originally Posted by drevim:
Say the very same thing, Peter. The cigars are a compliment to the group, not vice versa.

Now, when's the first Asylum herf, I miss you guys...:-)
Sums it up for me. :-)
[Reply]
Boomer 06:07 PM 10-20-2008
Where is that button?
[Reply]
SonsofClubDeck 06:08 PM 10-20-2008
I wish I had time to quote everyone here but I believe that this is how people should interact and treat one another. The examples that the people set here make me wonder how much the lives of people outside of these forums are affected by the goodness and graciousness of the people within. Wow.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:42 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Somebody pass me the Kleenex.

:-) :-)

Just kidding. I too have met some wonderful people on cigar and pipe smokers boards. Remember when you went to your first "face to face" meeting with someone who you met on the internet, and your wife/SO thought you were going to meet serial murderers?
Slashers and perverts actually :-)

Like Tom said,it has been one of the most positive life changing events to happen in my lifetime :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 06:50 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
It means different things to each of us. Initially, curiosity regarding cigars lead us to find these online forums. Little did we know that they are communities of cigar smokers who will suck us into their insidious worlds, consuming all our free time and cash flow. Forcing upon us friendships not anticipated, joy of sharing never intended. Geez!

We come from all walks of life, young pups to old farts, Obsessed to merely curious about cigars. The commonality is, we have a hobby that connects us. The cigars and cigar forums are placeholders for special folks to interact. In my experience, the cigar smoker demographic is pretty darn special. Like Forrest's mom used to say but with a twist, cigar smokers are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get... but almost always it's more than you ever expected.

Beyond expectations is the understatment of all time here.
I'll drink and smoke to that. A lump almost came to my throat and by saying this I don't mean to open this up to some double entendres from the chior boys, either. ( wondering if I just shot myself in the foot )
[Reply]
schnell987 08:53 PM 10-20-2008
Well put, Dave. I always enjoy reading your posts.

My Wife used to kid me for spending time on a cigar board. But after she saw the extraordinary kindness, prayers, support of our Troops and even some pretty funny jokes, she now understands. Man, I'm overdue for a herf. :-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 08:57 PM 10-20-2008
Can I edit my RP bump? I meant to say "YOu are one....":-)
[Reply]
KenS 09:01 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by :eevis:
I would just like to thank you guys for setting up the Asylum, I am sure you have heard it a thousand times already. Ya done a good job of giving us a place to converse, sirs!! And all the other S/BOTLs on here owe you a big thanks for giving us a place to experience what you described!
Or at least 821 times :-). If you look at how quickly The Asylum has filled up, it's a testament to what Dave says; a shared hobby and good friends :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:17 PM 10-20-2008
Through the enjoyment of these bits of rolled leaves I have found a brotherhood and source of encouragement and friendship that I could never have imagined.

Thank you Dave, and you other incredible men and women, for making this all possible. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:47 PM 10-20-2008
Its been the positive spirit, camaraderie, caring, sharing, and giving of this unique core of inmates that is really making it happen here at CA. Its one hell of a solid site, and as far as I'm concerned, its only gonna get better. Look out:-):-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 09:54 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Through the enjoyment of these bits of rolled leaves I have found a brotherhood and source of encouragement and friendship that I could never have imagined.

Thank you Dave, and you other incredible men and women, for making this all possible. :-)

:-) I couldn't of said it any better Joe. I look forward to checking this site throughout the day, I actually get excited as I log on to see what my BOTL/SOTL have posted. My wife walks past my office throughout the day hears laughter from yours truly and just shakes her head and smiles (you know that sarcastic yet affectionate smile wives give you) and says "I'm sure glad things worked out for you guys, I was getting tired of hearing about that "Jon" guy.
What else can I say. I'm very happy to call you "nuts" my friends. :-)
[Reply]
DAFU 10:03 PM 10-20-2008
I guess I'm just a jaded old putz 'cause I don't understand yous guys one bit. I mean whats the big deal about sitting down with some good friends and enjoing some stinky cigars and a few drinks anyways???

Did someone mention a CigarAsylum HERF?
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 10:06 AM 10-21-2008
dave is good people. :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 10:17 AM 10-21-2008
Very nice brotha!
Scott
[Reply]
UK Bro 10:36 AM 10-21-2008
Its my second home, Its cool having so many Brothers & Sisters you can rely on! Long may the Asylum grow. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up