Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Question about aging
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:56 PM 06-19-2012
Agreed on the Opus, they age great. Have some going back to 2005. I can't smoke them fresh though, way too powerful and harsh.
[Reply]
lenguamor 01:00 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Agreed on the Opus, they age great. Have some going back to 2005. I can't smoke them fresh though, way too powerful and harsh.
Exactly, good example. The Opus is such a strong cigar that when it starts out you are tasting the potential alongside a lot of harshness in the form of ammonia and esters which will dissipate with time, leaving the blend to marry in a way that it never will if smoked young.

Take a box of those and age most of them 10 years, and you have magic.
[Reply]
markem 01:12 PM 06-19-2012
I'd venture that of all the NCs that I've aged, the short story was by far the best. After about 3 years, they get amazing.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:22 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Exactly, good example. The Opus is such a strong cigar that when it starts out you are tasting the potential alongside a lot of harshness in the form of ammonia and esters which will dissipate with time, leaving the blend to marry in a way that it never will if smoked young.

Take a box of those and age most of them 10 years, and you have magic.
Opus tend to be very oily and that takes some time to settle in or they smoke at a snail's pace.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 04:17 PM 06-19-2012
Everybody gets older...fact of life.

Live with it.

[Reply]
Savor the Stick 04:20 PM 06-19-2012
whoops just realized you were talking about cigars...darn pain meds.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up