Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Sancho Panza Double Maduro LaMancha
Kreth 10:20 AM 01-20-2009
Sorry, no pics (other than my avatar). I picked up a box of these to try out as a decent, cheap everyday smoke. I went ahead and tried one OTT.

Humidor time: None (I may update this thread after I've aged the others)

Prelight: The wrapper has a nice, dark color to it, slightly oily. Prelight draw is nice, earthy with a bit of sweetness. The band is a simple gold with the brand name.

Burn: This cigar lit nicely, slightly uneven but corrected itself within the first inch. Ash was nice and firm and held on for at least an inch and a half before I tapped it off. Draw was easy, not loose, and the burn time was just a bit over 45 mins.

Flavor: I thought this cigar was very smooth. It had a slight chocolate taste to it, with hints of spice and coffee at different points. Full-flavored, but not overpowering.

Summary: I definitely enjoyed this smoke, a decent cigar for the price. I think these will have a regular spot in my humidor.
[Reply]
Volt 10:26 AM 01-20-2009
i have had one and have one more in the humi - I agree, pretty decent little smoke.
[Reply]
Coz77 12:37 PM 01-21-2009
Nice review Jeff...Try the extra fuerte too. I think I like them better than the double maduros.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 01:03 PM 01-21-2009
I smoked one of these this morning, good cigar in my opinion. I usually don't have very good luck with box pressed cigars but this one burned perfectly.
[Reply]
Java 01:07 PM 01-21-2009
Would be nice to know what vitola it was, not that it matters. SPDMs are great, and are well worth the coin. Never had any issues with em'.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:33 PM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by Coz77:
Nice review Jeff...Try the extra fuerte too. I think I like them better than the double maduros.
Added to my list, thanks.

Originally Posted by Java:
Would be nice to know what vitola it was, not that it matters. SPDMs are great, and are well worth the coin. Never had any issues with em'.
Actually, I did have it in the title, it's just that SP is one of the companies that has their own names for the sizes. It was the LaMancha vitola, which I guess is closest to a Corona.
[Reply]
thetpi825 01:35 PM 01-21-2009
These are great little smokes, but they are a chimney they just blow and blow smoke.
[Reply]
Up