Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Mr Bundles and the Cubas Famous Brands Bundles
Cyanide 08:16 PM 01-17-2009
To the admin...I messed up and put this in the wrong forums (too many distractions while trying to create the thread), please adjust its position as appropriate. Thanks.

I sometimes get antsy when I am wanting a cigar and can't have one. If near a computer I commonly start browsing the cigar retail websites, especially those that deliver to Canada.

One of those is Mr. Bundles. While I like to stick with nice hand rolled premium cigars, I am not totally adverse to "slumming it" once in a while. If I find a great deal, I consider it and mull it over for a while.

Anyway, I keep seeing these bundles at Mr. Bundles. They are called "Cubas Famous Brands". When you click on them...you eventually come upon a write up that reads:

"According to the Maker of these cigars these unbanded bundles cigars were blended to be comparable in size, shape, taste, color and aroma for each Cuban brand they represent"

I scoff at this and then chuckle a bit. It seems to be such an obvious, in-your-face, scam that I can't believe I am reading it. But, it write up continues:

"As for aroma and taste that you will need to judge for yourself". For the adventurous, it almost begs you to buy a bundle and "judge for yourself." I am fairly adventuous, but not with money.

So, I wonder if anyone else out there has pull the trigger on these bundles and does have an opinion on whether they are good replicas for flavour, or whether you are just being led down the primrose path.

Cheers

Cyanide
[Reply]
the nub 08:23 PM 01-17-2009
Nowhere near close. Uncle Mikey has always been great to deal with but these are yard gars IMO.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 11:30 PM 01-17-2009
Good to know Uncle Mike plays ball and I'll be sure to stay away from the "Famous Brands Bundles." :-)

[Reply]
GWN 07:04 AM 01-18-2009
I've been down the same road, looking for that pot of gold hidden within the haystack of cheap sticks only to find it's true that you get what you pay for. I have a heard of inexpensive NCs in my cab I'll probably never smoke.
I'd stick with something reputable yet inexpensive, like Padrons, Oliva Gs or even the Flor de Olivas. For CCs, JLPs are decent, Los Statos Deluxe less so, but still pretty cheap.
The other option is to be patient and watch this site and retailers for solid deals on good smokes.
[Reply]
stitch 09:16 AM 01-18-2009
I happen to like the CFB's quite a bit, Are they a copy of the cuban's? ...No.
But to me they are a decent smoke for the price.
But then, after 35 years of smoking I don't have any taste buds left. :-)
[Reply]
shemp 01:37 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by stitch:
I happen to like the CFB's quite a bit, Are they a copy of the cuban's? ...No.
But to me they are a decent smoke for the price.
But then, after 35 years of smoking I don't have any taste buds left. :-)
i can vouch with stitch, they are good smokes for what they are, not cubans , but definately tasty for themselves.
[Reply]
Up