Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 183
« First < 11192021 22233171121 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying II?
landhoney 08:34 AM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Which beer do you guys want a vote for? It doesn't matter to me because I won't see the beers.
Any of those five please, you can only vote one, just choose one at random. They are selecting the top five and those are my (and I guess Tony's too) top five. Thanks all! :-)

edit> actually it looks like the kiwi is dropping down in the polls, vote kiwi! :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:39 AM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Any of those five please, you can only vote one, just choose one at random. They are selecting the top five and those are my (and I guess Tony's too) top five. Thanks all! :-)

edit> actually it looks like the kiwi is dropping down in the polls, vote kiwi! :-)
Kiwi it is:-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:06 AM 02-06-2012
The winners! Cookies and Milk (85); Blueberry Muffin Brown Ale (46); Smokabaga (41); Hungarian Oak Peach IPA (36); Mocha Cubano Brown Ale (36).
[Reply]
landhoney 12:06 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
The winners! Cookies and Milk (85); Blueberry Muffin Brown Ale (46); Smokabaga (41); Hungarian Oak Peach IPA (36); Mocha Cubano Brown Ale (36).
Three out of five ain't bad :-)

Hungarian Oak Peach IPA....................:-)It's not that different (ESPECIALLY in a peach IPA) from American/French/etc oak which they've released on several occasions.

Smokabaga............yay! More chipotle beer :-):-)

I really wanted the vanilla though! :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 12:07 PM 02-06-2012
And thanks to everyone that voted! :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 01:10 PM 02-06-2012
I'll have to see if my BIL in Clermont can get any of them for us. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:15 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Three out of five ain't bad :-)

Hungarian Oak Peach IPA....................:-)It's not that different (ESPECIALLY in a peach IPA) from American/French/etc oak which they've released on several occasions.

Smokabaga............yay! More chipotle beer :-):-)
I really wanted the vanilla though! :-)
That doesn't sound very good.
[Reply]
landhoney 01:26 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
I'll have to see if my BIL in Clermont can get any of them for us. :-)
They're only going to released on draft at Hunahpu (for now anyway), wish they would make some of these into production batches, we'll see.

That doesn't sound very good.
To be fair it says "smoked chili peppers" so that might not be chipotles, but every smoked chili beer I've had used chipotles, and none were better than drinkable (and most weren't even that good).

But hey, someone must like them, and different strokes for different folks...makes the world go 'round'. :-)
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 01:28 PM 02-06-2012
Has anyone tried the new Bud Light Platinum? While I try to stay away from light beers and stick with craft brews, its so convenient to drink a light American beer every now and then.

I just tried the Platinums last night. I must say, at 6% alcohol, they are pretty good and well worth the price!
[Reply]
icehog3 01:32 PM 02-06-2012
I wouldn't drink an Anheuser Busch product on a bet, but hey, that's me. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:33 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by BnBTobacco:
Has anyone tried the new Bud Light Platinum? While I try to stay away from light beers and stick with craft brews, its so convenient to drink a light American beer every now and then.

I just tried the Platinums last night. I must say, at 6% alcohol, they are pretty good and well worth the price!
I have heard it's just the same old American light lager garbage. But like they say, taste is subjective. If I want a light brew, I go for a Pils, Hefe, or Saison. They're not really calorie savers, but light body and crisp. Calorie saver for me is a Sam Adams Light.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:34 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I wouldn't drink an Anheuser Busch product on a bet, but hey, that's me. :-)
You drink Goose Island Tom:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:40 PM 02-06-2012
You drink Goose Island Tom:-)
I thought A/B was just doing a few of their mass produced beers like 312, which I do not drink. Am I mistaken?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:49 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I thought A/B was just doing a few of their mass produced beers like 312, which I do not drink. Am I mistaken?
I really don't know if they are brewing any of Goose Islands beers.. But AB did buy majority ownership, which makes GI a subsidiary to AB. Technically GI is now apart of AB's product portfolio. However, I would not buy any beers brewed directly by the parent company, AB:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:51 PM 02-06-2012
I know what you were saying, Tom. I'm just in a technical mood today:-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 06:51 PM 02-07-2012
4 Calling Birds by The Bruery
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:04 PM 02-07-2012
Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barleywine
[Reply]
cobra03 08:26 PM 02-07-2012
Last night I had Great Divide Titan IPA which was fantastic as well as Pyramid Thunderhead and Discord Dark IPA. Tonight it was Blue Point Hoptical Illusion
[Reply]
MNSmoker 08:33 PM 02-07-2012
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:48 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Holy hell, Dave! Road trip to Madison, needed! I need to hang out and drink with you!
April would work well. :-)

Might have to work out a deal for some Surly. :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 183
« First < 11192021 22233171121 > Last »
Up