Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Ben's Blind Bourbon Reviews
icehog3 02:22 PM 05-29-2020
So Ben (stearns) has a box dropped on my porch today, with samples of my second vice....Bourbon!

But the rub? I don't know what they are, get to try them blind, which is super cool ...maybe I'll find a new fave!

Of course, Ben had to send a couple tasty palate cleansing smokes! :-)

Thank you so much, Ben, looking forward to trying these! And of course, you know what I will do with the empty little bottles, right? :-)
[Reply]
stearns 02:24 PM 05-29-2020
I bought one can of Bud Light and one can of Coors Light, shook them up until they lost all carbonation, then filled 3 of the jars with Bud Light and one with Coors Light. Your mission is to tell me which is the Coors

:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 02:43 PM 05-29-2020
Awesome!

So does it go Kristen, Bourbon, Cigars? Would have thought cigars were second, but I apparently don;t know you as well as I thought.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:09 PM 05-29-2020
Nice hit and great idea!!!
[Reply]
icehog3 05:19 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Awesome!

So does it go Kristen, Bourbon, Cigars? Would have thought cigars were second, but I apparently don;t know you as well as I thought.
Oh sure, get me in trouble. Nice. :-)

Of course, if you continue to misspell Kristin's name, you could be in the doghouse with me. :-)

I am allergic to Anheuser Busch beers, so this should be a cinch, Ben! I'll give you the answer as soon as I recover. :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 07:39 PM 05-29-2020
Oh man, this is a great idea! Can't wait to see some reviews.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:59 PM 05-29-2020
What a great idea!!! I will be following this thread closely.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 10:27 PM 05-29-2020
[Reply]
longknocker 04:35 AM 05-30-2020
Great Hit & Great Idea, Ben!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 08:49 AM 05-30-2020
I can see interest for a Blind Bourbon Pass forming......
[Reply]
Snook 10:42 PM 05-30-2020
Nice! Keep us posted on the sampling, Tom.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:15 AM 05-31-2020
Planning on sampling at least one tonight. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:42 AM 06-01-2020
Pour #1

Very subtle nose, hints of dried fruit is the most I’m picking up.

Amber color, lighter mouthfeel. First sip brings on a surprising sweetness, not like a “finished” bourbon, but certainly could be wheated. Very balanced and smooth, but doesn’t give the impression of being a higher proof. The finish is short and doesn’t pack a lot of heat.

My guess: Jefferson’s Ocean.

And it was:

Thank you, Ben, happy to have tried it, and don’t feel like I was too far off.
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:29 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:

I am allergic to Anheuser Busch beers, so this should be a cinch, Ben! I'll give you the answer as soon as I recover. :-)
So, if I'm reading this right your favorites, are cigars, bourbon then bush (phrasing)???....Cool idea Ben!!
[Reply]
Steve 12:04 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
So Ben (stearns) has a box dropped on my porch today, with samples of my second vice....Bourbon!

But the rub? I don't know what they are, get to try them blind, which is super cool ...maybe I'll find a new fave!

Of course, Ben had to send a couple tasty palate cleansing smokes! :-)

Thank you so much, Ben, looking forward to trying these! And of course, you know what I will do with the empty little bottles, right? :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:12 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
So, if I'm reading this right your favorites, are cigars, bourbon then bush (phrasing)???....Cool idea Ben!!
Not particularly in that order though. :-)

Sample #2 on deck for tonight. :-)
[Reply]
Flynnster 06:30 PM 06-01-2020
Oh, I love this idea! I'm a big bourbon fan, but no way I could even fathom a guess at what brand something was out of thin air like that! Maybe something about mashbill and proof, but this is impressive.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:35 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
Oh, I love this idea! I'm a big bourbon fan, but no way I could even fathom a guess at what brand something was out of thin air like that! Maybe something about mashbill and proof, but this is impressive.
Albeit an incorrect guess, Flynn! :-) But I felt fairly good about getting in the right ballpark. Watch me trash my confidence tonight with #2. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:00 PM 06-01-2020
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:53 AM 06-02-2020
Looking forward to the rest of the reviews!

[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up