Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aurora Preferidos Edition Ruby Tubo
elderboy02 04:11 PM 05-22-2009
Date: 5/22/09

Cigar: La Aurora Preferidos Edition Ruby (5x54)

Cost: I don't remember. I bought this last year.

Drink: Cherry Coke

Appearance: This has a Brazilian maduro wrapper on it. It comes in a red tube. The appearance gets a 10/10 .

Taste of the cigar: This cigar tastes like cocoa. It was kind of one dimensiional once I got to the fattest part of the perfecto.

Construction: Held a pretty long ash. I didn't have to touch up the cigar at all. The draw was perfect.

Strength: This was a medium-full bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar was pretty good. I wish it had more complexity. I don't know if it is worth the price. For this price, I would rather buy a Padron Serie 1926 or the Emerald version of this cigar. I give it a 7.5/10.
[Reply]
darkninja67 04:19 PM 05-22-2009
Thanks for the review and pics. The La Aurora Tubos intrigue me. I need to try some soon.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 04:23 PM 05-22-2009
I really like the Ruby and the Emerald... I have not had great experiences with the others... Good smokes, not for the price point.
[Reply]
Catfish 04:44 PM 05-22-2009
Does it make me a cheap b@stard ( or just really ignorant about the costs involved in making a really good cigar) to think that's too much money for such a quick smoke / small cigar?
[Reply]
tuxpuff 04:45 PM 05-22-2009
Great review...I agree with your assessment about wanting more complexity out of this stick.
[Reply]
RaiderinKS 02:40 PM 05-31-2009
I found them to be more complex than you are describing. But the biggest thing is that for a smoke on the fuller range, it has zero harshness whatsoever. That *is* something special.
[Reply]
shadow king 07:07 PM 05-31-2009
Agree that these are an awesome smoke. Bought a box of these during those pre SCHIP sales. They are getting better and better each one I light up. I can smoke one without ashing it once! They give Padron a run for their money in the quality dept. Also they are the perfect smoke for me which I prefer in the 1- 1 1/2 hour range.

If you can afford these in your humidor, I highly recommend.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:59 PM 05-31-2009
Thanks for the review. I have been meaning to try this one, mostly because it's a Maduro. WOW!!!..Can't believe how small compared to the tube. Would you smoke it again?
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:10 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Thanks for the review. I have been meaning to try this one, mostly because it's a Maduro. WOW!!!..Can't believe how small compared to the tube. Would you smoke it again?
Probably not. I prefer the Emerald (green) tubo.
[Reply]
Up