Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 113 of 138
« First < 1363103111112113 114115123 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Dave128 02:20 PM 12-04-2013
Bite THIS Red Sox fan!
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 03:01 PM 12-04-2013
I had a feeling that's what they stood for, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Thanks for the link :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 03:43 PM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by DirtRider500R:
I had a feeling that's what they stood for, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Thanks for the link :-)
Sticky threads in each of the sub-forums are very helpful and informative.
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 09:31 AM 12-08-2013
Originally Posted by Timbers:
I figured this would be as good a first post as any:-)

I am currently browsing cigarsinternational.com, and have my eyes on some cigars to try out for the first time. In my cart are a 5-pack or CAO MX2's and another 5-pack of Rocky Patel Fusions. Any other suggestions (top one or two for the beginner) as to which cigars would be wise in which to invest?

Also, I need a cutter and a lighter. I am set on the lighter, but am confused as to which type of cutter to get. I see more guillotines floating around than any other type, which would make it seem to me as though they are the most widely bought. Are there any issues with specific cutters regarding the condition of the cigar once cut?

Thank you in advance for the input!
I've had expensive Duponts and a flashy Zino cutter. They're both gone or not working. The cheapo plastic cutters are well.. cheap crap. However, the cuban crafters steel (guillotine) one is super cheap (like $20) sharp, and will help you judge how deep to cut. Plus it has a lifetime replacement warranty. It's not fancy looking, but def worth at try. And yes, a guillotine is most common in the US. Try it, then if you want can pick up a nice punch to hang on your key chain later. Good scissors are expensive, a pain and not good for travel, the v-cut... well not my thing, for sure.

FYI, Colibri has terrible support around their lighters. Look for something you can get repaired easily.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:49 AM 12-08-2013
Originally Posted by Xolotal Mungin:
I've had expensive Duponts and a flashy Zino cutter. They're both gone or not working. The cheapo plastic cutters are well.. cheap crap. However, the cuban crafters steel (guillotine) one is super cheap (like $20) sharp, and will help you judge how deep to cut. Plus it has a lifetime replacement warranty. It's not fancy looking, but def worth at try. And yes, a guillotine is most common in the US. Try it, then if you want can pick up a nice punch to hang on your key chain later. Good scissors are expensive, a pain and not good for travel, the v-cut... well not my thing, for sure.

FYI, Colibri has terrible support around their lighters. Look for something you can get repaired easily.
You do realize that the post you quoted is over five years old, right? :-)
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 10:37 AM 12-08-2013
Whoops, no. Hey, maybe it'll come in handy during a search...!
[Reply]
wiskerbiscuit 11:43 AM 12-08-2013
is it normal to feel like an ass ordering online, as opposed to purchasing at a B&M?

they're no B&M's within 100 miles of my home, but one really awesome B&M near where i work, that i try to visit when i have a chance, which ain't often.

started to make a purchase at CI the other day, and really felt like an ass for doing it.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:44 AM 12-08-2013
Originally Posted by wiskerbiscuit:
is it normal to feel like an ass ordering online, as opposed to purchasing at a B&M?

they're no B&M's within 100 miles of my home, but one really awesome B&M near where i work, that i try to visit when i have a chance, which ain't often.

started to make a purchase at CI the other day, and really felt like an ass for doing it.
Not normal.

No one should have regrets ordering online. Just continue to support your B&M
[Reply]
Lockspur 12:55 PM 12-08-2013

I have a locker at my b&m, but their selection isn't huge. So I buy what I can from them and everything else from online. Typically I will also buy accessories (cutters, lighters, bovedas, etc) from my b&m since they make more money on those items.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:01 PM 12-08-2013

Why feel like an ass? The quality is just as good and the selection is sometimes better. I get most of my smokes online. I make about two trips a month to my B&M because I can try new things, get the scoop on upcoming events, and support a local business.
[Reply]
MUNKY 08:39 PM 12-08-2013
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
I have a locker at my b&m, but their selection isn't huge. So I buy what I can from them and everything else from online. Typically I will also buy accessories (cutters, lighters, bovedas, etc) from my b&m since they make more money on those items.
Excellent :-)
[Reply]
Lockspur 09:46 PM 12-08-2013
Originally Posted by MUNKY:
Excellent :-)
12" cube. And it's full. Thank you, please come again. :-) :-)
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 07:22 PM 12-09-2013
Does keeping the cellophane wrapper on a cigar cause any difference in aging or humidity changes?
[Reply]
pnoon 07:35 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by DirtRider500R:
Does keeping the cellophane wrapper on a cigar cause any difference in aging or humidity changes?
Not really. Cellophane is porous.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 08:26 PM 12-09-2013

I order over 99% of my cigars online. Like you my closest B&M is 220 miles away, lucky for me it's Fumare, home of Illusione cigars. But I don't get there very often. Do not feel like an ass, it's your money, spend it as you wish.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 09:32 AM 12-15-2013
So how do you deal with the itchy throat cough from cigars?

I use Max Strength Mucinex that works for about 8 hrs

Although I've been only smoking 1- 4 cigars a day for less than 8 months I get nervous about the possible C word coming on in my throat.

I'm looking for a better answer then lay off the sticks :-)
Thanks
[Reply]
Outlaw God 03:37 PM 12-31-2013
I tend to not go back to shops where customers or owners smoke in the walk-in humidor because of how it effects the other sticks and the humidification system.
Anyone else feel this way or am I off track?
[Reply]
bobarian 03:42 PM 12-31-2013
Considering that many if not most rollers smoke in the factories, I dont see how there are any long term negative effects. I dont personally smoke in walk ins but dont see a real problem. :-)
[Reply]
markem 04:12 PM 12-31-2013
I'd be more worried about a shop where the employees favored chili for lunch, personally.
[Reply]
sikk50 04:18 PM 12-31-2013
:-)
[Reply]
Page 113 of 138
« First < 1363103111112113 114115123 > Last »
Up