Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 57 of 96
« First < 747555657 585967 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
Brutus2600 01:45 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I have to say, back in the day I tried playing Assassins Creed and thought the controls were awful, and they are, but glitches aside what a great game.

Im not quite finished but definitely very fun. I will say the controls can at times frustrate the piss out of you but it's pretty awesome.

Can't wait to get through this first one and onto the other two.
What irratebass said, the second one's controls and play is so much smoother and better. It's actually pretty fun! I just picked up Brotherhood off Amazon last week to play through.
[Reply]
irratebass 06:36 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
What irratebass said, the second one's controls and play is so much smoother and better. It's actually pretty fun! I just picked up Brotherhood off Amazon last week to play through.
:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 07:02 PM 08-22-2011
Finally picked up a PS3 on craigslist, a fat 80Gb, and no, not the backwards compatible one. It came with GTA IV and Black Ops. So what's good in the FPS and RPG genres? Mainly looking for stuff I can find cheap on Amazon and craigslist. A co-worker said I can have last year's Madden when the new one comes out in a couple of weeks. Other than that, I'll pick up the Tiger Woods Masters game when I find a used copy, and SOCOM 4 (my favorite PS series) as well. Not much interest in driving, dancing or "goofy" games, I have the Wii for the cartoonish stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Apoco 09:43 AM 08-23-2011
Final Fantasy XIII was really good. I also picked up FF7 off of the PS Market.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
irratebass 10:09 AM 08-23-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Finally picked up a PS3 on craigslist, a fat 80Gb, and no, not the backwards compatible one. It came with GTA IV and Black Ops. So what's good in the FPS and RPG genres? Mainly looking for stuff I can find cheap on Amazon and craigslist. A co-worker said I can have last year's Madden when the new one comes out in a couple of weeks. Other than that, I'll pick up the Tiger Woods Masters game when I find a used copy, and SOCOM 4 (my favorite PS series) as well. Not much interest in driving, dancing or "goofy" games, I have the Wii for the cartoonish stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
Must have games in the FPS & RPG Genre:

Uncharted 1 & 2
Red Dead Redemption
Resistance 1& 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Assassin's Creed 2 & Brotherhood

That's off the top of my head and all of these should be relatively cheap.
[Reply]
Apoco 02:02 PM 08-24-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I 100% agree with this. A great couple of games.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kreth 03:16 PM 08-24-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Final Fantasy XIII was really good. I also picked up FF7 off of the PS Market.
Posted via Mobile Device
I played the last one on PS2 and really enjoyed it.
Must have games in the FPS & RPG Genre:

Uncharted 1 & 2
Red Dead Redemption
Resistance 1& 2
Dragon Age: Origins

That's off the top of my head and all of these should be relatively cheap.
AC 1 not worth it? Also, any opinions on Fallout 3 or Borderlands?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
irratebass 08:41 PM 08-24-2011
I played the last one on PS2 and really enjoyed it.

Posted via Mobile Device
I couldnt play AC:1 it bored me and I was very disappointed in it.

AC: 2 is 1000X's better.

Fallout 3 is an amazingly DEEP long game, Well worth your $ and it's only $10 or something now.

Borderlands was ok, but careful hooking up with people online that have higher skill points than you, because what they kill goes into your skill points....so say you are a level 5 and you meet someone how is a level 15-20 you go and and that person does all the killing, but you get the points.......so when you go back to your single player campaign you are a much higher level than your enemies and it makes for boring gameplay.....just my :-)
[Reply]
Kneo 08:50 PM 08-24-2011
I have gone back to Unfamous 1. I forgot how fun it is.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:32 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by Kneo:
I have gone back to Unfamous 1. I forgot how fun it is.
I think you mean Infamous....and yes that was a great game.

Some more suggestion I forgot to mention:
L.A. NOIRE....great F*n game.
Bioshock 1 & 2
Mass Effect 1&2
Dante's Inferno
Tom Clancy's Las Vegas series
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 08:52 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
Just got my invite to the Star Wars: The Old Republic beta this morning...I cannot tell you how excited I am!
YOU.... AARGGH! Ok, well my life will probably continue normally for a while longer than it otherwise would have.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:59 AM 08-25-2011
Trust me, I was frustrated too. I signed up for the beta the VERY HOUR the email came through that it was open for sign up. Then my friend who signed up a few months ago was the first to get in the beta :-) A month and a half later I'm the only other one who has gotten an invite. I see them opening the beta up more and more here soon though, they're needing to stress test this like what...
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:14 AM 08-25-2011
Anybody have a recommendation on Deus Ex: HR? Looks slick. I never played the first one.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 11:43 AM 08-25-2011
Posted via Mobile Device
Fallout 3 was really good, once I got a "carry bagillions of everything" mod installed. Pacing was admittedly a bit slow for me. I'm much less inclined to spend hours wandering around the wasteland than I used to be.

I positively ADORE Borderlands. According to steam I've got hundreds of hours logged. now with the announcement of Borderlands 2 I've actually started from scratch again as a goof.

Some DLCs (Knoxx, Dr. Zed) are really exceptional as well. The Claptrap DLC was cute, but not really notable. Mad Moxxie was pretty stupid for a single player. But it DOES add an item bank, which is really nice.
[Reply]
Kneo 11:45 AM 08-25-2011
I think you mean Infamous....and yes that was a great game.

Some more suggestion I forgot to mention:
L.A. NOIRE....great F*n game.
Bioshock 1 & 2
Mass Effect 1&2
Dante's Inferno
Tom Clancy's Las Vegas series

LOL, yes I mean Infamous
[Reply]
Apoco 09:29 AM 08-26-2011
MLG Raleigh this weekend!

http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/new...dcast-schedule

Get to watch professional gamers play while I assemble my new PC. Nerd tastic :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kneo 09:36 AM 08-26-2011
Lots of games coming out soon. Not sure how I am going to talk my wife into all of them. Especially with my job up in the air.

Cant wait for the new Batman game.
[Reply]
irratebass 09:41 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Anybody have a recommendation on Deus Ex: HR? Looks slick. I never played the first one.

My buddy just texted me and told me to put this in my Gamefly que, said the online reveiws have been very favorable and he has played about 10 hours and recommends it.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:25 PM 08-27-2011
Playing Assassins Creed II, lots of improvements....still frustrating as all piss...for no reason whatsoever.

The Assassins Tomb things....What in the f*ck were they thinking, how annoying :-)
[Reply]
yachties23 04:44 PM 08-27-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Playing Assassins Creed II, lots of improvements....still frustrating as all piss...for no reason whatsoever.

The Assassins Tomb things....What in the f*ck were they thinking, how annoying :-)
2 and Brotherhood were stellar games. Very much looking forward to revelations.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 96
« First < 747555657 585967 > Last »
Up