Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 187 of 231
« First < 87137177185186187 188189197 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
Stogieman 04:45 AM 02-08-2021
Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Monday. We had a good weekend overall, hung out with the fellas at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY Saturday and then relaxed for the rest of the time at home. Congrats to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for being crowned the 2021 Superbowl Champs, it's time now for NASCAR and the Daytona 500 this coming Sunday. Pitchers and catchers report Monday the 15th so baseball is on the horizon. Enjoy your week everyone and be safe out there....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:49 AM 02-09-2021
Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's snowing out again. According to NOAA, we should get around 3" to 6" for the day's total accumulation. Tonight is the first NASCAR race of the season, the Busch Clash at Daytona. It's a short one, only 126.35 miles and it will be raced on the Daytona Road Course. Here's the current of the 2021 NASCAR schedule:

https://www.nascar.com/nascar-cup-series/2021/schedule/

I hope you all have a great day, enjoy and be safe........ :-)
[Reply]
retired 10:48 AM 02-09-2021
Thanks for the Nascar schedule...been a while since seeing racing.
Sure would be great to see in person.
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:45 AM 02-10-2021
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Well, the weather guessers got the snow prediction a bit wrong. We ended up with roughly 8" of the white stuff and West Point had to call a "Code Red" and close the elementary and middle schools as well:
https://www.westpoint.edu/emergency-information

Last night's NASCAR race was a great start to the season, congrats to Kyle Busch for the last turn pass for the win:

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchi...n-busch-clash/

Enjoy everyone and hope you can squeeze a cigar in as well...... :-)
[Reply]
Brian D. 08:15 AM 02-10-2021
Same thing happened with the snow here yesterday. Prediction was 3", we got triple that.
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:44 AM 02-11-2021
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Schlesinger's Hudson Valley Cigars this evening. We got a good dusting of snow overnight here in the Hudson Valley. After I'm done with this post, I'll be going out to clear off the vehicles and the driveway in preparation of heading to West Point. Have a great day all and hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:59 AM 02-12-2021
Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, a number of the regulars were there along a few new faces as well. This weekend, we have NASCAR racing at Daytona starting tonight with the Camping World truck race and ending with the Daytona 500 on Sunday. It's the biggest race weekend of the year in my opinion and kicks off the season for all to enjoy. Sunday is also Valentine's Day fellas, don't forget to get your sweetheart something special or you'll be in the dog house for sure. Enjoy the long weekend everyone, relax and smoke a favorite or two or....... :-) 🇺🇲 👍
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:23 AM 02-16-2021
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Tuesday (tele-working). As a result of the freezing rain and sleet, West Point has been Code Red since 1700 (5 pm) last night through noon today. Our driveway is an ice skating rink but the temps will rise shortly above freezing once the sun comes out. Anyway, we had a relaxing weekend overall: spent Saturday with the fellas at Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY; Beth and I watched NASCAR racing all weekend and relaxed at home. The MLB pitchers and catchers started to report to spring training which is always a sign that good things are ahead. I hope you all enjoy this Fat Tuesday and be safe as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:43 AM 02-16-2021
Morning Charlie. :-) Happy Fat Tuesday to you too.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:28 AM 02-16-2021
Happy Fat Tuesday. Po Boys for everyone!
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:44 AM 02-17-2021
Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's already "Hump Day". I got to run to West Point shortly as I have my first of two COVID-19 vaccine shots this morning at 0700. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:35 AM 02-18-2021
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's another tele-working day as it's Code Red until again today until noon tomorrow. NOAA is calling for anywhere from 5 to 11 inches of snow from now until tomorrow morning. We already have a dusting and I've heard the salt trucks out and about. Not sure yet if we'll make it to Schlesinger's Hudson Valley Cigars this evening, it'll all depend on how much snow we actually get and if the DPW road crews can keep things clear. Anyway, stay safe all and enjoy...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:21 AM 02-19-2021
Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! Because of the snow yesterday, I didn't go to Schlesinger's last night. Stayed home and relaxed with Beth watching television. West Point is still Code Red until noon; we will have another conference call this morning at 0830 to see how the WP DPW crews are doing and if the roads and parking lots on the Installation are cleared. Sports wise this weekend, there's plenty of NHL action on the ice and the NASCAR racers are back at Daytona but this time, there on the road race:

https://www.daytonainternationalspee...e-Weekend.aspx

I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:43 AM 02-22-2021
Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's back to work Monday (finally). We had a great weekend, spent Saturday with the fellas at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY; and then yesterday, we had our Cadet we sponsor over for the day where we enjoyed surf and turf from the grill and watched NASCAR. It's always nice to have Caleb spend the day with us and give him a break from West Point as well. Enjoy your week all, smoke a couple of your favorites throughout and remember to be safe out there....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:50 AM 02-23-2021
Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we'll have a wet one today according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...3#.YDTcRh1Omi5

Yesterday, we actually got 3 to 4 inches of snow that wasn't really expected. I left work around 1500 (3 pm) to beat the NYC crazies that fly over the mountain and forget that snow and ice make a slippery ride home. Made it home safe and sound then cleared the drive and walkways off. It looks like we have 3 days of sun ahead of us to melt some of the snow that's building up everywhere. Enjoy everyone....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:54 AM 02-24-2021
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". It's looking like it'll be a cigar / BBQ after work today being that NOAA is calling for mostly sunny, with a high near 52°F. I hope all of you get to enjoy it as well, smoke a favorite if you get the chance....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:52 AM 02-25-2021
Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Schlesinger's Hudson Valley Cigars this evening. It's looking like we'll have another sunny day with temps in the mid forties which beats the frigid twenties that we had last week. Enjoy everyone and I hope that a few of the local S/BOTL make it out tonight....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:56 AM 02-26-2021
Good morning everyone the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Schlesinger's last night, a few of the regulars were out and we enjoyed primo stogies and all. The weekend is upon us and it's looking like we're going to see rain both days. I have a couple of projects to get done and one of them is to get our dining room seats reupholstered. I found a couple of local shops that do it around here and I'm bringing a chair to one of them tomorrow for a quote on the job. Sports wise, the NASCAR racers are in Homestead, FL and the NHL has games all weekend. Enjoy all and remember to be safe out there...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:47 AM 03-01-2021
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a relaxing weekend, I spent Saturday at Aroma Cigar Room with the fellas and then yesterday I stayed home as Beth was a bit under the weather. Congrats to William Byron for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race at Homestead-Miami:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...iami-speedway/

I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:01 AM 03-02-2021
Good morning everyone, coffee is on as always and it's a windy one out there. According to NOAA, we currently have a wind chill value between zero and 5°F with a northwest wind around 28 mph and gusts as high as 46 mph:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...3#.YD4ZBh1Omi4

Tomorrow, we are back to normal Spring time weather and hopefully more of the snow will melt away. Enjoy all and be safe out there...... :-)
[Reply]
Page 187 of 231
« First < 87137177185186187 188189197 > Last »
Up