Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 181 of 199
« First < 81131171179180181 182183191 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 10:59 AM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
They had some Baker's 7 on my local AFB so I grabbed one. That's the first time I've seen any in about eight months.
Did you ever have any Baker's 7 Year when it was small batch as opposed to single barrel produced currently, James?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:06 PM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did you ever have any Baker's 7 Year when it was small batch as opposed to single barrel produced currently, James?
No, I didn't. Which one do you think is tastier?
[Reply]
icehog3 07:15 AM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
No, I didn't. Which one do you think is tastier?
I much preferred the old small batch, James. Much more consistency, the single barrels have been quite varied in taste for me.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:31 AM 11-09-2023
Hit up my regular store this morning. Really don’t need anything else, but wanted to see what they might’ve gotten in. Bookers 23-02, WT Kentucky Spirit SB, Russel’s SP. Talked with the owner. Might get him to sell me a bottle of MM Cellar Aged. I did come home with the WT.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:17 AM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Hit up my regular store this morning. Really don’t need anything else, but wanted to see what they might’ve gotten in. Bookers 23-02, WT Kentucky Spirit SB, Russel’s SP. Talked with the owner. Might get him to sell me a bottle of MM Cellar Aged. I did come home with the WT.
Booker's 23-02 (Apprentice) isn't one of my favorite batches, Bob, probably a wise pass.

I've heard some Maker's Mark fans say that the Cellar Aged isn't much different than the Cask Strength that sells for $35. I haven't tried the CA, just passing along what I've heard.
[Reply]
Black Coral 11:41 AM 11-09-2023
Just got my hands on the formula one commemorative bottle piggy back from whistle pig. Alfa Romeo team bottle.

Will be opening on and have one to keep sealed.

Something different for the palate and one for being a formula one fan.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:01 PM 11-09-2023
Booker's 23-02 (Apprentice) isn't one of my favorite batches, Bob, probably a wise pass.

I've heard some Maker's Mark fans say that the Cellar Aged isn't much different than the Cask Strength that sells for $35. I haven't tried the CA, just passing along what I've heard.
I’ve tried both MM. Had a taste of the MM Cellar Aged at a local bar. It’s really good, definitely different from the cask strength. I’d honestly buy it to trade/sell if I can get one.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:52 PM 11-09-2023
I much preferred the old small batch, James. Much more consistency, the single barrels have been quite varied in taste for me.
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:41 AM 11-10-2023
I’ve tried both MM. Had a taste of the MM Cellar Aged at a local bar. It’s really good, definitely different from the cask strength. I’d honestly buy it to trade/sell if I can get one.
Interesting and good to hear., Bob.

Yeah, if I could get one around MSRP, absolutely great trade bait.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:42 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Black Coral:
Just got my hands on the formula one commemorative bottle piggy back from whistle pig. Alfa Romeo team bottle.

Will be opening on and have one to keep sealed.

Something different for the palate and one for being a formula one fan.
Great minds....I opened another of my favorite WP pick last night.

[Reply]
big a 04:21 PM 11-12-2023
Finishing a bulleit BP pick. Some of these are pretty good, some are pretty just ok at best. Luckily this was a good one.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:04 AM 11-13-2023
Originally Posted by big a:
Finishing a bulleit BP pick. Some of these are pretty good, some are pretty just ok at best. Luckily this was a good one.
That's the dilemma with the picks.... you just never know until you try.
[Reply]
stearns 10:11 AM 11-13-2023
Happy Monday Bourbon Fam :-)

Thinking about going down to the shop to pick up a couple Russell's picks to bring to the two houses we're visiting for thanksgiving, nothing beats the gift of a turkey, plus they had three different barrels so I'll get an excuse to try two of em :-)

Yeah, if I could get one around MSRP, absolutely great trade bait.
I have fun trades if you find one :-)

I have fun trades if you find one :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:59 AM 11-13-2023
A DEVR, Ben?

Yeah, I don't know what that is. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 12:04 PM 11-13-2023
A DEVR, Ben?

Yeah, I don't know what that is. :-)
Double Eagle Very Rare. Used to be the top dog until this Eagle Rare 25yr came along, now it's a steal at only $2.5k retail
[Reply]
icehog3 07:54 AM 11-14-2023
Originally Posted by stearns:
Double Eagle Very Rare. Used to be the top dog until this Eagle Rare 25yr came along, now it's a steal at only $2.5k retail
So maybe $2.6 K on secondary?:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:16 PM 11-15-2023
Watching a review on Bookers 2023-04, The Storyteller Batch. Got a good review. Typical Bookers notes, but sweet, viscous. Going to keep my eye out for it.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:56 AM 11-16-2023
Watching a review on Bookers 2023-04, The Storyteller Batch. Got a good review. Typical Bookers notes, but sweet, viscous. Going to keep my eye out for it.
Hoping that one hits Chicago soon as well, Bob. :-)

I got a call from Binny's last night, grabbed one of these at retail. First bottle I've owned since about Act 5.

[Reply]
stearns 08:26 AM 11-16-2023
Hoping that one hits Chicago soon as well, Bob. :-)

I got a call from Binny's last night, grabbed one of these at retail. First bottle I've owned since about Act 5.

Curious to hear how this one is, with the serious ramp up to almost 200k bottles this year couples with continues price increases I'm expecting this one to be somewhat available but haven't heard if quality dropped with the volume increase
[Reply]
Black Coral 09:09 AM 11-16-2023
Got a call at 8pm weller 12 on shelf for 59.00

Well we all went grabbed three bottles
Left from 6. All went to people we know

It was a good grab
[Reply]
Page 181 of 199
« First < 81131171179180181 182183191 > Last »
Up