< 12 34 >
Good Eats>Burger toppings
pektel 12:35 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Obligatory insertion of Eddie Murphy's hamburger joke in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxIYUMxiraE

:-)
:-) I own that DVD :-)

My brother recently started dating a girl named lillian, so I busted out the movie while they were over for dinner, and played this bit for her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtz_zlHW6IM
[Reply]
OLS 12:41 PM 07-20-2011
Yeah, but Greg, bread DOES let the condiments drip THROUGH, lol.

He's right, don't get me started. I never say in ten words what I can say in 1000.
It was mostly just a setup for my joke about racing through the produce section to
get to the FOOD....that's a joke.
[Reply]
Aero95 12:57 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
We have a new local place that has a peanut butter, fried banana, and bacon burger. I'm trying that one next. I had to get the surf and turf first with 4 oz crab meat and Bearnaise sauce. :-)

My favorite burgers tend to be simple. American cheese, bacon, and lots of pickles.

I'm tempted to try that one also next time!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:17 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Yeah, but Greg, bread DOES let the condiments drip THROUGH, lol.
Not the bread I buy. Stays nice and dry. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 03:21 PM 07-20-2011
Bacon, cheese, ketchup and mustard. There is no need for anything else.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:12 PM 07-20-2011
Black Label :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZhwzLy4YA
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:15 PM 07-20-2011
If you have quality meat, then you really don't need much more on the burger.
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:23 PM 07-20-2011
One of my favorite toppings on a burger is Pimento Cheese, especially Palmetto Pimento Cheese

I also like Bacon

And third but definitely not least I like a cheese burger with chili and slaw on top, bonus if you put Pimento cheese instead of sliced cheese and double bonus if you add bacon :-)

And no harm if you add mayo as well
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:24 PM 07-20-2011
I will say I've had a sunny side up egg on a burger at Three Floyds. It was really good. But their burger is brilliance to begin with. I see they have sweet breads on the menu now, a trip is in store soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:44 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I will say I've had a sunny side up egg on a burger at Three Floyds. It was really good. But their burger is brilliance to begin with. I see they have sweet breads on the menu now, a trip is in store soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like runny egg on a burger too. There is a place in Decatur GA called Farm Burger that has bacon, sunny side up egg, pepper jack cheese, and salsa verde that is outstanding. But I agree with your statement that all burgers need to start with good meat.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:57 PM 07-20-2011
The salsa verde sounds tasty.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pektel 11:13 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I like runny egg on a burger too. There is a place in Decatur GA called Farm Burger that has bacon, sunny side up egg, pepper jack cheese, and salsa verde that is outstanding. But I agree with your statement that all burgers need to start with good meat.
There is also a place in Decatur ga called eddie's attic which has some great musical acts. John Mayer played a lot of shows there on his way up. Cool place to check out, if you're in the area.

Sorry to go off topic...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:18 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
There is also a place in Decatur ga called eddie's attic which has some great musical acts. John Mayer played a lot of shows there on his way up. Cool place to check out, if you're in the area.

Sorry to go off topic...
Posted via Mobile Device
I have spent a few nights at Eddie's Attic but its been years. Great place. Decatur also has The Brick Store Pub which is one of the best beer bars I've ever been to
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:35 PM 07-20-2011
Favorite burger in my area is the "The Old Fashioned House Burger" (from their website) grilled over a live fire and topped with fried onions, Bavaria's hickory-smoked bacon, aged Cheddar, garlic sauce and a soft-cooked egg on a buttered and toasted roll. You can also add Braunschweiger to it. I know BigVito loved it. :-)
[Reply]
Apoco 02:03 PM 07-21-2011
Toasted sesame seed buns, american cheese, ketchup, lettuce, onion, bacon.

Alternatively, bacon. By itself. No burger required. Just a pound of bacon.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
baddevildog82 02:19 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by apoco:
alternatively, bacon. By itself. No burger required. Just a pound of bacon.
yummmm....bacon!!!
[Reply]
pektel 03:47 PM 07-21-2011
I normally put some burger on my bacon.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:24 AM 07-25-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
I normally put some burger on my bacon.
:-)

Oh man. Just had a thought. A burger with bacon and maple syrup. I can't decide if this is the worst or the best idea ever. Maybe I can find someone to deep fry it for me?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:05 AM 07-25-2011
Anyone have any good sauces they put on their burgers?
[Reply]
pektel 10:53 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Anyone have any good sauces they put on their burgers?
Try A1. It's awesome on a burger.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up