Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Latest food finds
Tredegar 02:40 PM 01-27-2012
Ever find something in the grocery store that you can't help but recommend to others? I have two such food items.

1. Hog Jowl Bacon. I find it to be tastier than regular bacon. It has a meatier texture and is great on sandwiches or chopped up and put in a pot of beans. It also tends to be cheaper than regular bacon.

2. Ground Chickpea Flour. On a whim I bought some to make Farinata, an Italian style flatbread that is served hot out of the oven. It is very tasty and a great snack.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:54 PM 01-27-2012
Originally Posted by Tredegar:
1. Hog Jowl Bacon. I find it to be tastier than regular bacon. It has a meatier texture and is great on sandwiches or chopped up and put in a pot of beans. It also tends to be cheaper than regular bacon.
Super-bacon? :-)

Originally Posted by Tredegar:
2. Ground Chickpea Flour. On a whim I bought some to make Farinata, an Italian style flatbread that is served hot out of the oven. It is very tasty and a great snack.
Hmm... Italian papadams? :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:18 PM 01-27-2012
Jowl bacon is the bomb. Much sweeter than regular bacon. Look up recipes for guanciale (unsmoked jowl bacon). Mmm...pasta amatricana. :-)
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 07:38 PM 02-11-2012
Usually cool a lot of skirt steaks and flank steaks. I was at a local butcher and he told me to try hanger steaks. Tender and lean. I recommend.
[Reply]
sevans105 07:40 PM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by Theo Cincy:
Usually cool a lot of skirt steaks and flank steaks. I was at a local butcher and he told me to try hanger steaks. Tender and lean. I recommend.
I agree on the hanger steaks...fantastic piece of meat. Tough to get though...my butcher tends to keep them for himself. Greedy bastage. :-)
[Reply]
Up