Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Wild Boar Shoulder
manny 03:46 PM 10-25-2011
Ok guys my buddy went hunting the other day and was able to harvest a pic. I was able to get both shoulders off of him. I told him i would smoke them.
Both have no skin fat :-)
Go ahead with seasoning tips. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 03:59 PM 10-25-2011
Well you are going to need some fat. I would keep it simple and pepper them and then wrap about a lb of bacon around each one. These things are going to be tough unless you give them a lot of low slow heat and some fat.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:02 PM 10-25-2011
Can't argue with Mychal's advice. I would think maybe a brine would help too.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 06:47 PM 10-25-2011
I thought about bring but have never done that to red meat and do not know how well it works. I know it works great for chicken and Turkey.... maybe worth a try...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:11 AM 10-26-2011
I've done brines on thick cut pork chops with great results. Some fennel seed, maybe some rosemary in there, plus smashed garlic cloves. Mmm, my mouth's watering.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:31 AM 10-26-2011
Either Mychal's or Bob's options would work well. You can also smoke the meat for a few hours, and then wrap it completely in foil to finish over the slow heat. This will reduce evaporation and keep the liquids trapped against the meat.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:23 AM 10-26-2011
He harvested a "pic" but I can't see it:-)
[Reply]
manny 03:44 PM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Either Mychal's or Bob's options would work well. You can also smoke the meat for a few hours, and then wrap it completely in foil to finish over the slow heat. This will reduce evaporation and keep the liquids trapped against the meat.

I like this idea...
[Reply]
DMK 04:47 PM 10-26-2011
I haven't used their wild boar recipes, but I've tried some of their others with success.
http://www.marxfoods.com/wild-boar-recipes
Good luck and...
:-)
[Reply]
lenguamor 07:31 PM 10-26-2011
Stab the shoulder a bunch of times without breaking through; fill the slits with bacon and garlic. Brine it (marinade) in an oven bag for 24-48 hours. Roast it at 180° overnight in the bag..

Eat!
[Reply]
lenguamor 04:22 PM 10-27-2011
We're doing this guateque on Sunday?
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:29 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
If you have a rimmed pan big enough for the shoulders, put them in it after a couple hours smoking, then pour one can of pepsi into the pan. Then seal the pan with foil. Then finish them in an oven at 300 degrees. Works wonders!
[Reply]
Up