Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cabinet Active Humidification
equetefue 11:49 AM 04-24-2013
My current humidifier (Le Veil DCH-56) is not working properly and needs to be replaced. What do you guys recommend.

Just like in the Le Veil I'm looking for a set and forget system and if worth it upgrade in the process.

Cabinet interior dimensions are 65" tall x 28" wide x 14" deep. BTW if my math is correct that would equal 25,480 Cu. In which if I divide by 1728 would equal 14.74 Cu. Feet.

I was looking at the Accumonitor from Avallo if that helps.

Ed
[Reply]
markem 12:21 PM 04-24-2013
Go to the aristocrat web site and look at theirs. Works great for many of us.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:49 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by markem:
That's what I use too, and it works great for me.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:28 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That's what I use too, and it works great for me.
Me, three.

:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:30 PM 04-24-2013
Damn it I need a bigger cabinet :-)
[Reply]
Sadden 01:01 AM 04-25-2013
Bob Staebells set and forget system is second to none.
A botl of mine just upgraded to a habitat moniter system and he is happy with that.
I reccomend using active and passive humidification in a tower. Hcm beads work for me.
[Reply]
Neens 11:48 AM 04-26-2013
This. I had bob send me one of his systems and installed it in my own custom humidor a buddie of mine built for me. Wasn't difficult to get it up and running. I got it around 2 years ago and it's still running like a champ.
[Reply]
equetefue 10:02 AM 04-27-2013
I might go with the one you guys recommend, but have a question. How does the disply connect to the reservoir tank, or is it a wireless set up? In the picture it looks like a little grey box with a short green plug.

Could someone elaborate on how it is set-up? Also what size tank you recommend?
[Reply]
Sadden 12:50 PM 04-27-2013
I would call bob and see what he reccomends. Its one control box conected by very discrete wires.

For your application bob might reccomend two or more 1.5qt humidifiers.
How is your seal?
[Reply]
equetefue 01:34 PM 04-27-2013
seal is not perfect but works so far. The main problem is in between the sliding window panes. I went ahead and added a rubber seal on both windows, so right where the two meet it seals it. Not perfect but works.
[Reply]
equetefue 06:27 PM 04-28-2013
Update

Emailed bob with a few questions and will take it from there. Mainly the questions are around the control unit, and wondering if I would be able to buy an additional reservoir if I were to get a bigger cabinet later down the road.
[Reply]
Sadden 07:38 PM 04-28-2013
I am sure you would be able too. And when the time would come for that you could call bob and have him walk you through the installation step by step.
[Reply]
equetefue 09:58 AM 04-29-2013
Wanted to say thank you to all that took the time to chime in on this topic. I followed your advised and reached out to Bob Staebell. First off, what a great person to deal with. Needless to say, today he shipped a Set and Forget Active Humidification system for my cabinet.

A lot of $$, yes, but I see it as an investment to what i'm committed.

Thanks

Edwin
[Reply]
Sadden 06:51 PM 04-29-2013
Make sure you post some pics once you get it all installed
[Reply]
equetefue 06:31 PM 05-02-2013
Done with the install. Super impressed and happy with the purchase

[Reply]
Sadden 08:48 PM 05-02-2013
That is quite the liga privada collection!
Looks nice though. How long did the install take you?
[Reply]
equetefue 04:43 AM 05-03-2013
Took me about an hour but that is because i had to rearrange the shelves and boxes.
[Reply]
Up