1 23 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Viaje 50/50
Adriftpanda 06:15 PM 09-04-2009
Viaje 50/50

Wrapper-Nicargua
Filler-Nicaragua
Binder-Nicargua

Construction:
Very beautiful chocolate brown wrapper. This smoke has an almost pig tail for a cap, the band on this smoke is unlike the bands on the usual Viaje cigars. Instead of the green and gold, Viaje went with two bands on this smoke, a black and gold Viaje symbol and on the second band the words "fifty fifty." There are no noticeable veins on this cigar, smooth cigar all the way through, from foot to head. I really can't pick up what the smell of this cigar is but I tell you this, I don't think I've ever smelled a cigar like this, it's not unpleasant, just different. Okay enough talking and time to bite and light.

1st half
Woah that's freaking awesome... with the first few puffs of this cigar, I automatically pick up on the sweet chocolaty notes. Have you smoked the Viaje Platino Lancero? So far, this reminds me very much of that cigar. Though the semi-sweet flavor is there, I'm starting to pick up a hint of pepper on this cigar. So far the burn on this cigar is flawless and the draw is just right, giving out just the right amount of smoke, not overwhelming. I know that when they were going through the trial phases on this cigar, the burn was very uneven and that halfway through the cigar, it would just go out on you. So after tweaking with the cigar, Andre Farkas finally got it to burn the way he wanted to. The flavor is very very rich!

Half time
So my girlfriends neighbor is playing some very loud Filipino music and he is dancing out front while shaking some bell... this is really disturbing!

2nd half
Holy cow, the spice just kicked the crap out of my throat! The finish is very long and I can still taste the spice after a few minutes of setting the cigar down. The transition was very smooth. I didn't even notice the transition until looked at the ash on this cigar, the ash color literally changed. Although the spice has a very long finish, it still has a bit of a smooth creaminess to it. I'm beginning to pick some other flavors such as a hint of lemon and peppers. With about 3 inches left on this smoke, the spice has mellowed out but the peppery taste is there along with some other flavors that I cannot pick up. I just ran upstairs to grab my phone and... yeah you can say it's a full bodied smoke the 2nd half.

Conclusion
What a great cigar. I had no complaints whatsoever about this cigar. Only thing that could have been better was that guy across the straight shaking his bells while dancing. The transition from the first half to the 2nd half was smooth, like I said, I didn't even notice it till my throat was begging for a drink to cool off the throat. I would very much recommend this cigar. I believe Andre Farkas made this cigar to be very affordable, msrp was around $10 maybe a little more in certain states. I can't wait for the Viaje event on the 26th of this month. TOWER CIGARS in Sacramento! Go and support Viaje and Mark's shop. See you guys there! Thanks for wasting you time with me.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:05 PM 09-04-2009
Sweet Review!

Ever since I saw the interview about these I've been dying to try them! Now to find a B&M near me that sells them!
[Reply]
Ratters 07:47 PM 09-04-2009
Great review Huy. :-) Hope I can make to the event. :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:51 PM 09-04-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Great review Huy. :-) Hope I can make to the event. :-)
You freaking better you turd.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 07:55 PM 09-04-2009
Terrific review, Huy! I haven't yet had the chance to try a Viaje, but I will.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 08:23 PM 09-04-2009
Great review Huy :-)

in the first inch I got a STRONG pepper kick but after the first 3/4 inch it died down and became an awesome smoke.Well that is up until the half way point then it just died out of the blue,burn was uneven but I really enjoyed this smoke,I hot a slight coconut hint in the last third but that lasted for a few puffs.Overall a really great stick and I'm feeling the vitamin N big time,Thanks for the stick Huy.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:50 PM 09-04-2009
Great review!! Thanks for sharing. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:04 PM 09-04-2009
Very nice review Huy!!!:-)

This one sounds too strong for my tastes but I may give it a try!!!

BTW:

[Reply]
Adriftpanda 12:54 PM 09-05-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Very nice review Huy!!!:-)

This one sounds too strong for my tastes but I may give it a try!!!

BTW:

It's no Arganese, I'm sorry....
[Reply]
T.G 01:10 PM 09-05-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
It's no Arganese, I'm sorry....
Nothing quite is...
[Reply]
BFallehy 01:30 PM 09-05-2009
Great review. I definatly want to try and pick one of these up to try. :-)
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 09:06 PM 09-14-2009
When I tried it last week I throughly enjoyed it. I don't think it starts as a medium and than progresses into a full bodied smoke....I think it starts full and just gets fuller in my opinion.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:58 PM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
When I tried it last week I throughly enjoyed it. I don't think it starts as a medium and than progresses into a full bodied smoke....I think it starts full and just gets fuller in my opinion.
Sounds like my kind of stick! :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 05:28 PM 09-16-2009
I really gotta find some of these!!! I have been dying for any Viaje I can get my hands on.
Scott
[Reply]
Eleven 05:31 PM 09-16-2009
Did that thing ash all over your laptop?
[Reply]
Red 05:49 PM 09-16-2009
these are some of the best smokes out there for the price indeed!!!! i love em...great nic puro indeed..thx for reminding me dangit , now i need one
[Reply]
Mr B 05:54 PM 09-16-2009
Very nice review Huy. Thanks
[Reply]
klipsch 08:31 PM 09-16-2009
Thanks for the review. I was given 3 different vitola of these to try. I smoked one that I really enjoyed, gifted the Churchill to a fellow BOTL and I'm looking forward to what appears to be the corona of the three. I have no idea what the predicted price is supposed to be...but I'd like to find a few more to add to the collection.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 09:27 PM 09-16-2009
Scott- yes I did ash all over the laptop... I tend to ash every cigar I smoke onto the laptop. I need to get better at this!

Walt- Andre made these cigars to be very affordable... I don't know the exact price on the top of my head but I believe the 3 vitolas range from $11.25-13.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 09:31 PM 09-16-2009
Thanks for the review Huy!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up