Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Navarre double corona
Don Fernando 01:30 PM 10-15-2008
This Navarre is a completely French puro, completely made out of tobacco which was grown in Navarrex, in the southwest of France. They released a petit robusto and a robusto from their crops of 2003 and later, but the 2005 crop was so good that they had enough good wrappers to create a huge double corona and that’s the one I smoked today.

The cigar has a nice sweet aroma, a bit like honey and a nice light and smooth, oily wrapper. The flavors go from sweet to a bit leather, all light but tasteful. The honey, which I could smell, comes back in the flavor. There is not a lot of progress in the cigar, but the flavors that are noticeable are consistent throughout the whole cigar, which is good for a 3 hour smoke. Close to the end though, when the turning point comes in sight there is some citrus noticeable soon followed by some pepper.

I guess that the cigar was a bit to moist, the (pre)draw was a bit difficult, the ash was inconsistent and fell of way to soon (I could not make cone’s bigger then 2 centimeter) and halfway the burn problems started, I had to keep on puffing, the cigar needed too much work to keep lit, I had to light it several times to get the burn going again.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, it is a nice cigar but overpriced.
[Reply]
Tw3nty 08:21 PM 10-15-2008
never had this cigar either. nice review again.
[Reply]
Up