Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>G. De Graaf costa rica robusto oscuro
Don Fernando 01:17 PM 10-15-2008
G. de Graaf is an old Dutch brand and they have produced a Costa Rican longfiller for some time now. Recently the owners decided to change the blend and the wrapper. The wrapper is now Ecuadorian and comes in both natural and oscuro. I got a sampler with both cigars to try out and review. I smoked the oscuro this afternoon while watching soccer on TV.

The cigar looks pretty, a nice smooth wrapper, quite dark but no maduro. The full aroma reminds me of a stable and at the top of the cigar you can clearly see different kinds and colors of tobacco in the filler.

The first flavors are distinct leather with a nice pepper, but pretty soon these flavors fade away slowly. The cigar becomes a bit creamy but not creamy enough to deserve that label. Halfway there is a harsh sharp flavor for just one puff and then the light cream flavor comes back with now and then a hint of chocolate, but just as the cream, the chocolate flavor never really comes trough.

This cigar is not complex, there is not a lot of development in the flavors but then again, what I taste is not unpleasant.

The burn is fine, only at the end of the cigar I had some problem, the ash is uneven and the smoke is quite full and pretty white.

Would I buy this cigar again? Perhaps, it’s a nice cigar although there are better cigars in this price range.

Btw my team won the match with 6 to 1
[Reply]
Up