Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>El Cobre by Oliva robusto
Don Fernando 01:12 PM 10-15-2008
Right after the El Cobre torpedo we tried an El Cobre robusto, 127mm long and ring 50, and while the torpedo builds up to a powerhouse, the robusto is a slap in the face. If you’re not ready for this cigar it will blow you away and make you run to the toilet. The cigar has a dark oily wrapper, a strong aroma and it feels hard, well constructed.

As mentioned, the cigar is much heavier and more of a powerhouse then the torpedo, the smoke is thick, much thicker then the torpedo and the first flavor that I could taste were herbs and a little bit of chocolate. Later on I could taste something I have never tasted before in a cigar, liquorice combined with some notes of wood. When those flavors disappeared the cacao came back and grew in strength until the turning point. Even though this cigar started much heavier then the torpedo, you can still notice a growth in strength to the end. This is by far the biggest powerhouse I’ve smoked so far.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, if it becomes available in Holland or online.
[Reply]
Up