Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>viaje summerfest torpedo
JohnnyKay5 09:01 PM 07-11-2010
I looked across the site the best I could on my mobile phone and couldn't find one, but due to the extreme complexity of the flavors I'm getting, I felt it necessary to write this down.

Smoking this stick, after a flor de oliva, 3 hours ago and with nothing but water.

Started off by cutting just over an inch of the shaggy foot.

Pre-light yeilds a floral hint.

The light, complete 180, no floral. First inch in, the spice begins to build and transitions smoothly into cocoa tones. Chocolate becomes dominant and blends back with a touch of pepper into a smooth JdN antano like draw.

Half way down, it blends back with some spice were now getting molassas flavors. So far these flavors seem to be changing every 5-7 min.

Coming out of this it goes back to chocolate.

the last quarter, the cocoa remains present with pepper fading in and out.

Unfortunatly it ends with the cocoa blended with nicotine build up.

Overall, after some research its no surprise this stick comes out of the joya de nic factory. If you want a complex rollercoaster, this is the stick for you. Hope you enjoyed this review as much as I did the stick.

Would definitely grab another stick, wouldn't stock the aristo with it.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:03 PM 07-11-2010
Sounds like a pretty intriguing stick, JK! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:36 PM 07-11-2010
Nice review JK!! :-)
[Reply]
dubnick 08:39 PM 07-12-2010
Sounds like a good stick. My B & M carries Viaje, I'll have to keep an eye out for these.
[Reply]
thebayratt 09:04 PM 07-12-2010
Nice review

I had one of these a few weeks ago and loved it. I got a handful of them when I found out that they are a seasonal blend.
[Reply]
Pat1075 11:23 PM 07-12-2010
great review but I think this may be in the wrong section
[Reply]
bigliver 10:34 PM 07-21-2010
Got a few heading this way. I can't wait to try them. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up