Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>ManOWar ruination robusto 2
Don Fernando 08:41 AM 04-12-2010
Adampc22 gave me this cigar when he came to Amsterdam to herf because he knew that I liked the ManOWar but never had a Ruination. The cigar he brought me came from the original Ruination release with the normal ManOWar band, the newer releases have an slightly different band.

This 6 x 60 monster has a nice dark and oily wrapper with a few big veins that make it look rough and tough. The cigar has a strong barnyard aroma and the construction feels good. I can taste raisin at the predraw.

The first flavor I recognize is coffee with a hint of creamy chocolate, but the chocolate disappears straightaway. I also taste some pepper and a flavor I don't recognize. After an inch the creamy chocolate returns with some pepper while all the other flavors fade away.

After 2 inches the pepper disappears and the chocolate becomes milder. I can also taste an ashy flavor. At the 2/3rd mark I taste some wood with a mild creamy chocolate far on the background.

I get plenty of smoke, but it's quite thin. The burn is great, sharp as a razorblade, no burn issues whatsoever and the cigar doesn't burn to hot or quick. This medium flavored full bodied cigar lasted me 90 minutes. It gave me a bit of a nicotine rush.

Would I buy this cigar again? No. I was unimpressed my it. I do like the normal ManOWar though..

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
G G 08:44 AM 04-12-2010
Thanks for the review Ferdie.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:52 AM 04-12-2010
Nice review, Ferdie. Have you tried the MoW LE Figurado? It's the MoW blend with the Ruination wrapper.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:55 AM 04-12-2010
Nope, haven't had that one Jeff.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 09:03 AM 04-12-2010
Thanks for the review. I've smoked the regular Man O War and loved it(actually have a box arriving today)...I was curious about these, but I've yet to find them at the B&M.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:04 AM 04-12-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Nope, haven't had that one Jeff.
It's my favorite MoW vitola. I'd offer to send one, but alas, I smoked my last one about a week ago. Definitely worth a try if you can get your hands on one.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:07 AM 04-12-2010
I'll see if I can find them anywhere, after I paid for my tickets to the US that is :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:09 AM 04-12-2010
Thanks for the review Ferdie. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:49 PM 04-12-2010
And yet another fine review Ferdie. I have got to try one these.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 07:19 PM 07-29-2010
Going to agree with Ferdie on this one. While I like the MAW I dont like this ruination nearly as much. It is just not doing it for me and I am left wondering what AJ was trying to accomplish from a flavor profile with this cigar.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 07:24 PM 07-29-2010
I really liked the belicoso version of this stick with the foot band. I haven't had the standard MOW to compare it to though. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up