Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Ahhh.. pure bliss.
spincycle 06:52 PM 10-16-2008
This is why I love cigars.

I lit up a Taboo Twist, small ring gauge, I think a petite corona. Chocolate, coffee, goodness with a hint of spice. I brewed a coffee, some beans that I picked up from the Dominican, and grab a tiny square of Lindt 70% chocolate.

Oh my.

I couldn't shutup about how great this combo was. Sipping the coffee and nibbling the chocolate just matched the cigar so well. I wish I was more eloquent and could paint my experience with words. Wow. Just wow.

I think I was driving my gf nuts giving her the play by play. :-) So now I'm here typing away about my hour of pure bliss. I just had to share this moment with folks who understand.

:-)
[Reply]
spincycle 09:54 AM 10-17-2008
*chirp* *chirp*

No one else has felt like this before? I feel like a dork. :-) And I distinctly joined this board to get more attention. :-)
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 09:58 AM 10-17-2008
Those are the best times. I wanted that feeling last night when I smoked but it just wasn't there. I tried two new cigars last night and neither lived up to my expectations. These are the times when I stop sampling for awhile and start smoking what I know I like.
[Reply]
Hardcz 10:00 AM 10-17-2008
It's because you're Canadian....

I constantly like drinking coffee, water, and other beverages with my smokes, I found some work better with different sticks. If you like that chocolate, see if you can find some dark chocolate with all I can describe as christmas spices.... hazelnut, ciminininmininn, nutmeg, etc... it'll be even crazier.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:15 AM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by spincycle:
*chirp* *chirp*

No one else has felt like this before? I feel like a dork. :-) And I distinctly joined this board to get more attention. :-)
I hear ya, Mr. Miyagi. :-)

When my wife joins me on my smoking porch, I sometimes try to describe things to her as I'm smoking, but she doesn't really "get it." "Mmm hmm," is about all she'll say, as she looks at me as if I've just grown an extra head. But at least she's generally polite about it :-)

The only Taboo Twists I've had have been the torp & toro--the huge RG versions! Every time I think to place an order for PCs, they're out. Know what kind of chocolate would go great with one of those bigguns? The good ol' Chunky bars with raisins & nuts!
[Reply]
Scottw 11:43 AM 10-17-2008
Sounds awesome. I love those times when it's quiet, I'm having a beverage and a wonderful smoke. The wife and kids are happy and all is right with the world. I wish you thousands of more times just like this one!!
[Reply]
spincycle 01:30 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
It's because you're Canadian....
Blame Canada! Blame Canada! :-)

Well, it's nice to know I'm not (that) crazy. Can't wait to get home tonight and try it with a different stick. I'm thinking a Maduro something or other. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:40 PM 10-17-2008
Those twists are good. They taste like nutmeg and creamy icing. :-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 01:43 PM 10-17-2008
your review makes me want to smoke one rite now.
[Reply]
FrequenC 02:34 PM 10-17-2008
This is why I love cigars.

I lit up a Taboo Twist, small ring gauge, I think a petite corona. Chocolate, coffee, goodness with a hint of spice. I brewed a coffee, some beans that I picked up from the Dominican, and grab a tiny square of Lindt 70% chocolate.

Oh my.

I couldn't shutup about how great this combo was. Sipping the coffee and nibbling the chocolate just matched the cigar so well. I wish I was more eloquent and could paint my experience with words. Wow. Just wow.

I think I was driving my gf nuts giving her the play by play. :-) So now I'm here typing away about my hour of pure bliss. I just had to share this moment with folks who understand.

:-)
Haha I hear ya! I enjoy those moments so much! My gf thinks I'm insane sometimes, she hasn't been turned to the dark side....Yet :-)

I regret are not ordering some of the Taboo Twists with my first order from Rob @ Taboo so I'll have to wait until I can place my next order!

I'm gonna have to try the Cigar + Choco combo, sounds divine!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:49 PM 10-19-2008
I lit up a Taboo Twist, small ring gauge, I think a petite corona. Chocolate, coffee, goodness with a hint of spice. I brewed a coffee, some beans that I picked up from the Dominican, and grab a tiny square of Lindt 70% chocolate.:-)
Spincycle, that sounds absolutely wonderful. Contact Rob at Taboo and have him send you a 5er of their Dominican Maduro Corona's (5.5x45). I believe this stick with the Lindt will send you off the back porch:-):-)
[Reply]
spincycle 03:00 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Spincycle, that sounds absolutely wonderful. Contact Rob at Taboo and have him send you a 5er of their Dominican Maduro Corona's (5.5x45). I believe this stick with the Lindt will send you off the back porch:-):-)
My next order from Taboo will include the new Dominican Maduros def.

I'm up on the 30th floor actually - so no flying off any porch for me. :-)
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 03:05 PM 10-19-2008
Thats the best combination. You're right about the wife not understanding, they hardly ever do but thats why we're here.
[Reply]
Up