Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>WOW!!!! Cigar prices are high here.
maverickdrinker 07:26 AM 02-21-2010
Just arrived in Miami yesterday and checked out some shops around the area. Went to Aventura mall, ocean drive and lincoln avenue. Man, prices are steep here.

Lost city for $45.00/stick. Opus X for $40.00. Boy o boy. Never been to B&Ms with prices like these before.

Was interesting to see that none of the stores carried the boutique brands like tatuaje, liga privida. Only the big brand names like davidoff, padron, aurora and fuentes.

Did see some fake cubans on ocean drive. Some hottie with a cigar tray was walking around. Had them covered up with a hankerchief.

The weather has been great though. Hope that it holds up for the next few days.

Looking forward to going to calle ocho tomorrow. Lucky I brought a handful of cubans to hold me over. Anyone have any suggestions on some B&Ms to go to in Sunny Isles to South Beach?
[Reply]
JohnE1000 07:47 AM 02-21-2010
Lost City and Opus X are hard to find cigars. It is not uncommon for retailers to jack up the prices on these including internet retailers.
[Reply]
MiamiE 07:56 AM 02-21-2010
Dude you are at the worst places for cigars in South Florida. Those are all tourist traps. Go to Calle Ocho. Check out Pepin, Padilla, Padron. They're little factories are there. Then check out Sabor Havana in Doral. Jorge is the owner. Great guy. Where else are you going on your trip and where are you staying?
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 07:58 AM 02-21-2010
staying at the trump international in Sunny Isles. Going to Calle Ocho tomorrow to meet up with Robbie. Heading to Joes Crab Shack now for some brunch and hang out at Nikki Beach for a bit.
[Reply]
MiamiE 07:58 AM 02-21-2010
I just saw you said Sunny Isles to South Beach. I'm assuming you're on the beach. That's rich area so there won't be much discount on anything. Take a cab inland and really experience Miami, not that tourist trap known as Miami Beach!
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:57 AM 02-21-2010
MiamiE is spot on - I am in Miami quite a bit for work, there is a great B&M in Doral, I think its called Sabor Habana - best prices on Opus and Padron I have seen at a shop. MiamiE - where are you located?

You are trying to buy in a spot that is similiar to Vegas touristy-wise.

Originally Posted by MiamiE:
I just saw you said Sunny Isles to South Beach. I'm assuming you're on the beach. That's rich area so there won't be much discount on anything. Take a cab inland and really experience Miami, not that tourist trap known as Miami Beach!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MiamiE 11:25 AM 02-21-2010
Yea Sabor Havana in Doral, Coral Gables, and Sunset are going to be your best bet in terms of pricing. They move the most product, making their prices a lot cheaper. Also check out Habana Cuba Cigar Lounge in Miami Lakes. Nilo and Hector have great pricing as well and big selection.
[Reply]
MiamiE 11:26 AM 02-21-2010
I live out by FIU south campus.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 03:29 PM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Dude you are at the worst places for cigars in South Florida. Those are all tourist traps. Go to Calle Ocho. Check out Pepin, Padilla, Padron. They're little factories are there. Then check out Sabor Havana in Doral. Jorge is the owner. Great guy. Where else are you going on your trip and where are you staying?
:-)

Miami Beach would be the last place I'd look to buy a cigar...Sabor Havana's the place...
[Reply]
Cigary 05:49 PM 02-21-2010
Another vote for Sabor Havana. I used to live in Palm Beach Gardens and they had a place on PGA Blvd. with the best pricing on Padrons and Opus. Very nice lounge as well.
[Reply]
captain53 06:00 PM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:

Miami Beach would be the last place I'd look to buy a cigar...Sabor Havana's the place...

And Joes Crab Shack is the last place to look for Crab, the cc's under the handkerchief were more authentic than the seafood at Joe's! Perhaps you confused it with Joes Stone Crab which is wonderful. We need to get you some local info before you get the wrong taste of Miami.
[Reply]
MiamiE 07:31 PM 02-21-2010
Joes Crab Shack is good also but it isnt Joes Stone Crab. If you want to try some good all you can eat stone crabs go to Catch of the Day off of the 836 and NW 42 Ave. Right next to the airport (MIA). Mon-thurs they have all you can eat stone crabs!!!
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 09:19 PM 02-21-2010
Thanks for the info. I meant Joes Stone Crab. Great experience today. Had the stone crabs, lobster sandwich and seafood bisque. Got there before the crowds and had a lovely lunch with the wife. Came back a couple of hours later and the place was jammed packed.

Going to calle ocho tomorrow and might see if I can squeeze out a trip down to Sabor Havana.
[Reply]
MiamiE 04:28 AM 02-22-2010
Might also want to check out Cuban Crafters on NW 7 Street and NW 32 Avenue. Its a VERY short cab ride from 8 St. HUGE shop!
[Reply]
adampc22 05:01 AM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by maverickdrinker:
Just arrived in Miami yesterday and checked out some shops around the area. Went to Aventura mall, ocean drive and lincoln avenue. Man, prices are steep here.

Lost city for $45.00/stick. Opus X for $40.00. Boy o boy. Never been to B&Ms with prices like these before.

Was interesting to see that none of the stores carried the boutique brands like tatuaje, liga privida. Only the big brand names like davidoff, padron, aurora and fuentes.

Did see some fake cubans on ocean drive. Some hottie with a cigar tray was walking around. Had them covered up with a hankerchief.

The weather has been great though. Hope that it holds up for the next few days.

Looking forward to going to calle ocho tomorrow. Lucky I brought a handful of cubans to hold me over. Anyone have any suggestions on some B&Ms to go to in Sunny Isles to South Beach?
u think thats alot man visit a british one it will blow your mind lol
[Reply]
Up