Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Entertainment>Game of Thrones Season 4 thread
Porch Dweller 08:01 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Because the Viper died first. :-)
This. Last man standing...or in this case, breathing.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:12 AM 06-04-2014
Last scene was brutal!!!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:14 AM 06-04-2014
Having read the books, i can honestly say it wouldn't surprise me as to what comes next. Some things they've kept close to the story line in the books, others, not so much.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:22 PM 06-15-2014
How's that for a season ending?
[Reply]
nutcracker 08:55 PM 06-15-2014
One of the better episodes.
Bolt through the chest - just desserts for a real jack@@s
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 09:29 PM 06-15-2014
Nice season ending! Thought they were straying alot from the books but that episode brought most of it back inline.
[Reply]
stearns 06:00 AM 06-16-2014
soo... when does the next season start? please say next sunday :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 07:59 AM 06-16-2014
Talk about tying up some loose ends. I didn't remember Stannis Baratheon heading to the north wall at all, until I watched the recap prior to the finale last night. John Snow continues to impress.

Without giving too much away, I couldn't help but think about Tyrion and Tywin Lannister's celebration of Fathers Day.

March? can't get here fast enough.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:21 PM 06-16-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Bolt through the chest - just desserts for a real jack@@s
In the book it was a bit lower. Either way you gotta love a happy ending to that particular story. :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 07:51 PM 06-16-2014
Thought it was a great episode. I just got into the series but binge watched seasons 1-3 to catch up to the current episodes. I'm not sure what I'm going to do Sunday nights now......Guess I'll have more time to smoke.
[Reply]
jsnake 09:02 PM 06-16-2014
This was a good episode and I think next season will start getting ahead of the last book. I hope he gets to finishing the next book soon but if I remember correctly it is usually 6 to 7 years between books.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 09:01 AM 06-17-2014
Originally Posted by jsnake:
This was a good episode and I think next season will start getting ahead of the last book. I hope he gets to finishing the next book soon but if I remember correctly it is usually 6 to 7 years between books.
Oh, I was under a different impression.

I haven't read the books, so I am simply going on what I heard from a coworker, that we are at the end of the 3rd book. Maybe I am way off on that, though.
[Reply]
jsnake 09:31 AM 06-17-2014
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Oh, I was under a different impression.

I haven't read the books, so I am simply going on what I heard from a coworker, that we are at the end of the 3rd book. Maybe I am way off on that, though.
I read them all and honestly I can't remember. I do know Arya has much more going on that we will see from the books. I just think on some of the story they are getting to where the books ended and maybe by the end of the season we will see new stuff. I may re read them just for the fun of it.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 09:57 AM 06-17-2014
Fair enough, Jake.

I think my Wife is about to start reading them. Honestly, I don't think I can invest the necessary time to do that. Besides, I'm so stinking AD... Oh look, a ball.
[Reply]
stearns 09:58 AM 06-17-2014
I may re read them just for the fun of it.
You and I have different definitions of fun, I'd rather just wait for the next season to come out :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 11:01 AM 06-17-2014
It has been renewed for 2 more seasons......so far, so he has time....we're good I think.
[Reply]
jsnake 05:04 PM 06-17-2014
Originally Posted by stearns:
You and I have different definitions of fun, I'd rather just wait for the next season to come out :-)
I have a lot of free time at work and in a hotel so I have about 2,000 books on my Nook HD+ at all times. I do a lot of reading and usually read between 80 to 100 books a year. Just something I really enjoy.
[Reply]
cricky101 05:26 PM 06-17-2014
I haven't seen the TV show, but finished the last book today and I WANT MORE!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:34 PM 06-17-2014
They sort of ended up the season with book 3. A bit of pull ahead on some story lines, others they still need to get fully caught up on (if they even do so). I'm rereading the books myself, and now into book 4. I have to say, the way they wrote the storyline of Brienne and the Hound was pretty cool. Completely different from the books.
[Reply]
OLS 02:37 PM 06-23-2014
I was happy to see a few nice stories set up for next time, but I am in no mood to wait.
They broke up my favorite team last night, but a LOT of pigeons came home to roost.
Seems the Targarean bi+(h can't fully grasp control over things. They just HAD to mess up
my idea of the dynamic of Arya and The Hound. But you can have ALL the reveals and the
cliff-hangers and the crazy 5hi+ for the ONE GREATEST SCENE of the season for me....
Our Anti-hero completes the escape of our loveable drunken whorer, turns to go back home,
sees and hears the entire city in rabid turmoil, turns around, returns and sits down on the
getaway craft to join his new pal in some foreign land. I like my chances better on the road...
We always knew he was clever. Now we see he is smart, too. And don't think that with the old
man dead, the bank won't be coming to call.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up