Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Kindle Vs. Kindle Fire
Thrak 05:48 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Not exactly true. Or as big a pain as you might think.

I use a shareware program called Calibre to organize my ebook library of stuff I don't buy directly from Amazon. Calibre will easily convert formats to be compatible with Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Nook, Sony and a slew of other eReaders. So, the number of supported formats for an eReader is a moot point.

:-)
I use calibre to, for organization for my wifes e-ink nook... but even without it all I have to do is drag/drop onto the nook (any version) and its there.

I use it mainly to reformat comics to fit the nook color screen better.
[Reply]
MrClean 07:22 AM 12-09-2011
Actually the Kindle does have a web interface, it's crappy, but it works for certain things.
My wife has the old Kindle DX, it was like 40lbs. The kids and I have the smaller Kindles and she said she wanted one like ours, easier to hold and read in bed. I ended up getting her the Kindle Touch for Christmas.
I debated because the style we have allows for the case with the built in light to be used and the Touch doesn't. Which means she'll still have need for a reading light.
Oh, well Amazon is great about returns/exchanges so we're going with this model.

She considered the Fire but after reading the reviews decided she wouldn't like one.
I prefer the standard Kindle for reading, for me the E-ink is a better option. Outdoor use, no back lit screen to keep you up at night...(if the studies are actually true).
[Reply]
longknocker 03:40 AM 12-13-2011
Bought The Kindle Fire Last Nite @ Best Buy After Looking Them All Over!:-) Thanks For The Advice, All!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up