Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Going Cruising...
68TriShield 05:49 PM 06-30-2010
I will be going with the family on a cruise to Bermuda,aboard Explorer of the Seas.
Any tips would be appreciated if you've been this route.Bayonne NJ straight to Bermuda.

My CAO sale is still going on. I will take care of any orders upon return.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:14 PM 06-30-2010
I've been on a few cruises Dave, but never that one. This is a great time of year to go as far as the seas go. Have a great time, enjoy the family, and I hope you have a bunch of great sticks!!
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:39 PM 06-30-2010
You should have a great time! My only tip is to bring all the cigars you want to smoke with you -- just don't bring any back (you have to smoke 'em :-))
[Reply]
captain53 06:53 PM 06-30-2010
Relax - Drink - Smoke - Eat then start over and do it all again.

Sounds like a great vacation - Enjoy!:-)
[Reply]
T.G 07:08 PM 06-30-2010
If you can get a tour of the bridge, go for it. Then, when you're out on one of the bridge wings, start madly pounding your hand on the railing or side of the hull and pointing out at the water. Then start shouting "The Whale! The WHITE WHALE!" while pointing frantically.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:15 PM 06-30-2010
Have Fun, Dave! Cruises Are :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:22 PM 06-30-2010
I am jealous.
Haven't gone on a cruise since last month and I am jealous.
Man I love cruising.

Dave, you guys enjoy. It is a fun vacation.
[Reply]
Diesel Kinevel 08:05 PM 06-30-2010
I can't wait! Hopefully I will be able to get a key to TriShield's room for a smoke or two...:-)

-Z
[Reply]
Sailchaser 08:40 PM 06-30-2010
Dave, the Cruise is a Great way to meet other cigar smokers in the smoking bar, Enjoy and get a ships flag
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:41 PM 06-30-2010
Check out the Connoisseur Club cigar bar... up near the Theater. I spent some time there on the Navigator. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:12 PM 06-30-2010
I have only been on one cruise. Did I enjoy it? I'll put it this way, it won't be my last cruise. :-) Have fun Dave!
[Reply]
Old Sailor 09:40 PM 06-30-2010
Enjoy yourself Old Guy!!
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:39 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Check out the Connoisseur Club cigar bar... up near the Theater. I spent some time there on the Navigator. :-)
I know,it will be my stateroom :-)

Thanks everyone!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:34 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
I know,it will be my stateroom :-)

Thanks everyone!
When Are You Leaving, Dave?:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:46 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
When Are You Leaving, Dave?:-)
Day after tomorrow Greg.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:58 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Day after tomorrow Greg.
Awesome! Have Fun, Brother, & Remember The Pics!:-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:03 AM 07-01-2010
Dave...I can tell you that if Explorer of the Seas is anything like Navigator of the Seas it will have an outstanding cigar lounge. I believe the boats are all set up very similar, so I'd assume you'll find it very comfortable and spacious. When I was on Navigator, I was in that room at least twice a day, if not more. Enjoy your cruise...I love'em.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:04 AM 07-01-2010
Dave,
Make sure you go to the "Quest".
If you want some memories that you will try to suppress (:-)), make sure you participate in one of the teams as I did (once, just once).
[Reply]
Blueface 08:05 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Dave...I can tell you that if Explorer of the Seas is anything like Navigator of the Seas it will have an outstanding cigar lounge. I believe the boats are all set up very similar, so I'd assume you'll find it very comfortable and spacious. When I was on Navigator, I was in that room at least twice a day, if not more. Enjoy your cruise...I love'em.
Jon, the Explorer and the Navigator are sister ships.
They are both amazingly nice.
Just went on Navigator this past December, making it a second annual event for us. I love that ship and love their cigar lounge.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:09 AM 07-01-2010
Dave,
I highly recommend paying the extra bucks and making reservations for one night at their steakhouse. Really, really nice treat for the money. Service and food to rival the likes or Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Del Frisco's, etc.
Just make sure you ask the waiter when lobster night is so you don't do it the same night. Also ask when filet night is so you don't miss that one either. Find the chicken/tempura night.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up