Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Fuente
Sauer Grapes 02:44 PM 05-31-2009
I believe the wrapper is actually a Cameroon wrapper and not a connecticut. Anyway, they're nice sticks and I find them the best tasting Cameroon wrapped stick I've had.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 06:19 PM 05-31-2009
i had one in vegas a few years ago (have a few stashed away as well) and enjoyed it - and reviewed it back at that other place - while playing some blackjack at ceasar's. definately not worth the price point, but when in rome, well, y'know. :-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 07:40 PM 06-13-2009
Smoking one right now that was gifted to me by a buddy from a recent trip. Its a Corona Gorda. Its good, but not great. The stangest thing about it is it has a pallet coating effect to me.

As for taste it honestly just reminds me of any other fuente outside the opusx which all taste similar. Not bad, steady and consistent. I just keep waiting for the shoe to drop and nearing the last 1/3 it appears this is all its going to do.
When I think of this stick at 15.00-25.00 I just start thinking of what the slope has to offer at that price point. I am thinking of some amazing sticks at under this price point. Hell for even less than this.

If you are a Fuente guy you will definetly like this stick though. OOO this definetly appears to be a cameroon. The wrapper is very inconsistent from one stick to the next. I have never seen a connecticut wrapper this dark before plus the vitolas site lists it as a cameroon, and other sites say its the opusx filler and binder. Isnt that like a sand shark?
[Reply]
Pirate_Boggs 07:49 PM 06-13-2009
Thanks for the review im headed to vegas in a few weeks, looking forward to visiting there and enjoying one.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:55 PM 06-13-2009
I bought a box of CG's back in '06. They're great cigars and you gotta love the Fuente construction! These are definitely not value smokes, but still good. I'd buy a lot more if the price point were cut in half. :-)
[Reply]
alley00p 09:09 PM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
I bought a box of CG's back in '06. They're great cigars and you gotta love the Fuente construction! These are definitely not value smokes, but still good. I'd buy a lot more if the price point were cut in half. :-)
:-)

I bought a few of these while in Vegas a few weeks ago for the ELVIS herf. I enjoyed one, sitting in the smoking area outside of the store and drinking a few cappacino's. Plus the Casa Fuente waitress, Vania, made everything taste better!

I realize it is an expensive stick, but this cigar is exclusive to the Casa Fuente store at Caeser's Palace in Vegas. I decided that it was worth it to try one while I was there... you only live once! :-)

[Reply]
shilala 09:32 PM 06-13-2009
I did not know it had a connecticut wrapper.
I've wanted to try these for a long time. Now, not so much.
If I ever go to Vegas, I will definately try one. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 08:48 AM 06-19-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:

I bought a few of these while in Vegas a few weeks ago for the ELVIS herf. I enjoyed one, sitting in the smoking area outside of the store and drinking a few cappacino's. Plus the Casa Fuente waitress, Vania, made everything taste better!
I realize it is an expensive stick, but this cigar is exclusive to the Casa Fuente store at Caeser's Palace in Vegas. I decided that it was worth it to try one while I was there... you only live once! :-)

No argument there, Charlie. I like white! :-)

I like these sticks, though I did not pick up any while we were out there. I got some Don Carlos lanceros instead.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:13 PM 06-19-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
I will be in vegas late this summer, and I really want to go to Casa Fuente, but I saw the prices they charge for the sticks they offer, and I just can't see it.
Get the sampler, it's expensive, but hey, as a cigar smoker in Vegas you have to at least smoke a Casa Fuente. I smoked several when I was there and brought the sampler home for reviews.
[Reply]
tchariya 01:04 PM 06-19-2009
If your up at the tables, go treat yourself to one of their smokes...otherwise...a bit pricey. Good smokes though! And the bar area always staffed with eye candy. Did I mention it was across from the Playboy store?
[Reply]
Wanger 01:06 PM 06-19-2009
Originally Posted by tchariya:
If your up at the tables, go treat yourself to one of their smokes...otherwise...a bit pricey. Good smokes though! And the bar area always staffed with eye candy. Did I mention it was across from the Playboy store?
...and diagonal from Victoria's Secret.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up