Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Rearranging Humidors
sikk50 10:55 AM 12-07-2011
Just wondering? Do any of you rearrange your humidors from time to time so that you don't allow one cigar to sit in the same spot for too long??
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:56 AM 12-07-2011
I rearrange like once a week because I have a problem.
[Reply]
sikk50 10:58 AM 12-07-2011
I tried to make a poll, but I never can figure it out on this site. Oh well
[Reply]
LostAbbott 11:09 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I rearrange like once a week because I have a problem.
Sounds more like you do not have enough sticks. I go through my singles maybe once every six months, everything that came in a box stays that way, maybe I take a look at them.
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:12 AM 12-07-2011
I'll do it when necessary to make more efficient use of space, but that's about it.
[Reply]
irratebass 11:12 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Sounds more like you do not have enough sticks. I go through my singles maybe once every six months, everything that came in a box stays that way, maybe I take a look at them.
I have both my humis (150ct & 20ct) in my trunkador, no boxes, and I just go through my humis looking for a smoke, so I guess I rearrange my sticks all the time lol.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:14 AM 12-07-2011
I rearrange them periodically but mostly as part of finding out what's at the bottom that I may (in fact have) forgotten about :-)
[Reply]
Remo 11:16 AM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I rearrange them periodically but mostly as part of finding out what's at the bottom that I may (in fact have) forgotten about :-)
This!! it's a great suprise to find some stuff hidden at the bottom!!
[Reply]
mkarnold1 11:39 AM 12-07-2011
I have a pretty small humi that gets disorganized easily when I dig through for a stick. I reorganize probably once a week mostly to make efficient use of space because I use all of the space and want to make sure that the lid doesn't squish any of the sticks.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 12:11 PM 12-07-2011
I rearrange my singles drawers every couple months. My singles are stacked 3 and 4 tall so I rotate them down to make sure cigars aren't left in the middle of the pile for too long where they'll be unexposed to the air flow generated by the recirculation fans. Boxed cigars stay in their boxes, although I do take them out to give a quick inspection to ensure nothing nasty like mold or beetles is breeding in the dark. I generally don't bother to rotate the boxes around in the cabinet since the air recirculation leaves a less than 1%RH difference between the top and bottom of my humidor.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 12:28 PM 12-07-2011
Only when I am reorganizing. I find I'll reorganize my stash every 4-6 months because I've bought boxes and just thrown it on top of everything, received random 5'ers from purchases or bombs, and smoked down boxes that can be consolidated or moved to my drawers instead of taking up space. When I do I'm always very happy at how easy it is to access stuff and then soon afterwards the humidors are all cluttered again :-)
[Reply]
pektel 12:32 PM 12-07-2011
I just went through my entire stash last night while filling my edgestar. Too much work. And, I will have to do it again when I get some drawers/shelves for it.
[Reply]
68TriShield 01:11 PM 12-07-2011
Do I rearrange my cigars? No not really and cabinet is a tad heavy to move too frequently :-)
[Reply]
Devanmc 01:15 PM 12-07-2011
not really. but im going to spend a few hours once i get home to make more room and weed out things i dont like or smoke anymore. :-)

should prove to give me a new layout in the process.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:24 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by Devanmc:
not really. but im going to spend a few hours once i get home to make more room and weed out things i dont like or smoke anymore. :-)

should prove to give me a new layout in the process.
Just send me the stuff you dont want or smoke anymore, I'll put it to good use :-)l
[Reply]
Up