Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Going Cruising...
icantbejon 08:13 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Jon, the Explorer and the Navigator are sister ships.
They are both amazingly nice.
Just went on Navigator this past December, making it a second annual event for us. I love that ship and love their cigar lounge.
They are great boats. I recently went on a smaller Carnival ship after being on the Navigator and I was sadly let down.
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:21 AM 07-01-2010
Dave,
I highly recommend paying the extra bucks and making reservations for one night at their steakhouse. Really, really nice treat for the money. Service and food to rival the likes or Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Del Frisco's, etc.
Just make sure you ask the waiter when lobster night is so you don't do it the same night. Also ask when filet night is so you don't miss that one either. Find the chicken/tempura night.
I will try to remember this Carlos,I take you mean the steakhouse on the ship.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:24 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Yup.
Chops.
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:37 AM 07-01-2010
Dave,
I highly recommend paying the extra bucks and making reservations for one night at their steakhouse. Really, really nice treat for the money. Service and food to rival the likes or Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Del Frisco's, etc.
Just make sure you ask the waiter when lobster night is so you don't do it the same night. Also ask when filet night is so you don't miss that one either. Find the chicken/tempura night.
Next cruise I go on, I'm asking you for my itinerary! I love a well thought out plan. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:00 AM 07-01-2010
BTW,
When I say "find the chicken/tempura night", I mean in the sense that one should be the one you miss if you make reservations at Chops.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:01 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Next cruise I go on, I'm asking you for my itinerary! I love a well thought out plan. :-)
Or just move to Florida and we can drive to the pier and go every time there is a last minute good deal. That way, you will know the itinerary by heart, even before you get to the ship.:-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 09:48 AM 07-01-2010
Bermuda is awesome. You are going to have a great time.
[Reply]
68TriShield 10:19 AM 07-01-2010
Yup.
Chops.
BTW,
When I say "find the chicken/tempura night", I mean in the sense that one should be the one you miss if you make reservations at Chops.
I figured as much,thanks :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:33 AM 07-01-2010
Now we expect you to keep up with CA while you are cruising -- you can't shirk your TOE duties :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:38 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Now we expect you to keep up with CA while you are cruising -- you can't shirk your TOE duties :-)
If he does that, I think Celeste will have every right in the world to throw him overboard and no court in the world will convict her.:-)
[Reply]
ade06 11:40 AM 07-01-2010
I'm supprised that you didn't leave out of B-more (it's closer). I love cruising. I did a cruise a couple of years ago during the 4th of July weekend and since they don't shoot fireworks off the ship to celebrate, they had a nightime party and as a tribute to the Americans on board, they played "Sweet Home Alabama". Too funny. Have fun!
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:42 AM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by ade06:
I'm supprised that you didn't leave out of B-more (it's closer). I love cruising. I did a cruise a couple of years ago during the 4th of July weekend and since they don't shoot fireworks off the ship to celebrate, they had a nightime party and as a tribute to the Americans on board, they played "Sweet Home Alabama". Too funny. Have fun!
No option to otherwise we would have.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:25 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
If he does that, I think Celeste will have every right in the world to throw him overboard and no court in the world will convict her.:-)
On the other hand, she probably will let him rather than having to cope with the withdrawal symptoms... :-)
[Reply]
ade06 01:10 PM 07-01-2010
No option to otherwise we would have.
http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ship...px?shipCode=PR

Next time.
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:57 PM 07-01-2010
http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ship...px?shipCode=PR

Next time.
I know about those cruises Ade.
My wife's sister is taking her whole(parents-1 aunt-3 brothers and all their kids and grandkids) family for her 50th birthday. 48 people total.
She also hired a bus to take everyone to NJ so I can't complain :-)
[Reply]
ade06 02:59 PM 07-01-2010
I know about those cruises Ade.
My wife's sister is taking her whole(parents-1 aunt-3 brothers and all their kids and grandkids) family for her 50th birthday. 48 people total.
She also hired a bus to take everyone to NJ so I can't complain :-)
Sweet!!! Sounds like you all are off to a great vacation!
[Reply]
68TriShield 03:16 PM 07-01-2010
Sweet!!! Sounds like you all are off to a great vacation!
There is a cigar bar on board,so I am set :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 03:21 PM 07-01-2010
There is a cigar bar on board,so I am set :-)
I will be on the Liberty of the Seas doing the same thing. We can compare notes when we get back. :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:56 PM 07-01-2010
While packing, remember, elastic waistbands are your friend!:-) Enjoy!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up