Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>dinner ideas?
cigarmonkel 05:37 PM 06-30-2010
Kinda hungry and have no idea what i want to eat tonight. Something cheap and easy, debating about take out/fast food or trying to make one of those bacon wraps with a crap ton of ground beef in the middle. Any ideas?
[Reply]
captain53 05:41 PM 06-30-2010
in that situation I usually throw a hamburger on the grill.:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:42 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
:-)

Can't go wrong with a hamurger.
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 05:42 PM 06-30-2010
propane is at my friends house :-). when i move in Aug im switching to charcoal :-).
[Reply]
Mr B 05:44 PM 06-30-2010
To go: Carne Asada Super Burrito, no rice, w/ whole wheat tortilla. :-)
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 05:51 PM 06-30-2010
hmm thats not a bad idea. we have a really good mexican place on uofm campus that makes killer stuff for pretty cheap... but taco hell is so much closer

edit: i'm the most indecisive man on the planet :-)
[Reply]
Samsquanch 05:52 PM 06-30-2010
You mentioned bacon - definitely go with bacon - you can't fail!!
[Reply]
Darrell 05:55 PM 06-30-2010
Tacos. Always tacos.

and not Taco Hell, those are not tacos.
[Reply]
Chingas 06:46 PM 06-30-2010
You said quick. Order up carne asada French fries. Amazing. If your staying home and you have cheese, you can try this:

Grab your ground beef. Add an egg. Some allspice, garlic, mint, parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumbs. Toss in a little ketchup and roll away.
Take cheese, ball it up. Make two small patties. Put cheese in middle and mash the patties together. Take your bacon and wrap it around the burger sides.
Cook, grill, fry, whatever. Throw 2-3 slices of cheese in top and presto. A bad ass burger!
[Reply]
captain53 06:51 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
You said quick. Order up carne asada French fries. Amazing. If your staying home and you have cheese, you can try this:

Grab your ground beef. Add an egg. Some allspice, garlic, mint, parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumbs. Toss in a little ketchup and roll away.
Take cheese, ball it up. Make two small patties. Put cheese in middle and mash the patties together. Take your bacon and wrap it around the burger sides.
Cook, grill, fry, whatever. Throw 2-3 slices of cheese in top and presto. A bad ass burger!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:05 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
Guess what I just ate for dinner....

[Reply]
cigarmonkel 07:16 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:

that sounds like a tastebud orgasm to me. I ended up going with frozen food :-). quickest and cheapest. hot pockets, frozen pizza and frozen french bread stuff and a 10dollar bottle of wine for 24 and some change. should be set for the rest of my house sitting (till tomorrow night)
[Reply]
T.G 07:18 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Guess what I just ate for dinner....

Grilled pork chops?
[Reply]
Chingas 09:15 PM 06-30-2010
Maybe next time...
[Reply]
Up