Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Legally able to smoke 1 year today, Ive learned alot.
Pauly Walnuts 01:20 AM 06-26-2010
Well todays my birthday, which means I have been able to smoke 1 year. Yes im only 19 haha. It took me awhile to get out of the noobie stages and finally find my favorite types and tastes of cigars. Actually, it took me until last week to findout that Cain Maduro Ligero is what does it for me best (so far, I have much tasting to do yet). Over this year Ive also tried all the different bodys of cigars, light to full and full is my favorite for sure. Nothin better than a strong tasty cigar. I have not yet slid down the slope, still workin with my little 50 count humi. I have to say thats about to change lol, my mother bought me a few samplers from CI as a bday gift so thats 25 comin in plus the few I have in my humi already, and im mustering up the cajones to buy a box soon I think haha. Might not be much for some of you afficianados, but its a big deal for me. Well no big news here, just thought I'd share some of the things Ive learned over the year with your guys' help! Thanks for all the knowledge guys, its a great community.
Walnuts:-)
[Reply]
benedic08 02:57 AM 06-26-2010
Congrats! You're very lucky that you found this site. I started smoking cigars 3 years ago when i was still 17 ( yes i was not legal yet and yes im still 20 now) and i had to look up everything i needed to know and the learning process for me was really slow because i didnt have guidance from this wonderful community. Even now after three years i just recently found this site and i have learned alot and still have more to learn. "Might not be much for some of you" as for this line you said, its also a big deal for us. We're going to see you buy your first box and see you grow. As i look at your post, I see myself three years ago, full of excitement looking forward to what the world of cigars has in store for me. So yes its also a big deal for us. Hope you have tons of fun with cigars! Cheers mate! :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:32 AM 06-26-2010
Mazel Tov on your one year! I remember when I started same as you, two years ago (Like Benedic, I'm 20 as well). Sometimes I miss those days.

Keep having fun!
[Reply]
Martin 06:53 AM 06-26-2010
Congrats, it's not about what you smoke, how many ya got, it's about the why and that part you already understand.
You're going about it the rite way, don't rush it you'll have a bigger humi and more smokes than you can smoke soon enough.

Now go & buy a cooler. :-)
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 10:35 AM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by benedic08:
Congrats! You're very lucky that you found this site. I started smoking cigars 3 years ago when i was still 17 ( yes i was not legal yet and yes im still 20 now) and i had to look up everything i needed to know and the learning process for me was really slow because i didnt have guidance from this wonderful community. Even now after three years i just recently found this site and i have learned alot and still have more to learn. "Might not be much for some of you" as for this line you said, its also a big deal for us. We're going to see you buy your first box and see you grow. As i look at your post, I see myself three years ago, full of excitement looking forward to what the world of cigars has in store for me. So yes its also a big deal for us. Hope you have tons of fun with cigars! Cheers mate! :-)
Thanks for sharing your beginning experiences too :-) And what I meant by "not a big deal to you guys" was the actual act of buying a box, not just me personally, but thank you for having the interest, very nice of you :-)
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 10:36 AM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Mazel Tov on your one year! I remember when I started same as you, two years ago (Like Benedic, I'm 20 as well). Sometimes I miss those days.

Keep having fun!
Thanks alot to you too, its been a good ride so far:-)
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 10:36 AM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by Martin:
Congrats, it's not about what you smoke, how many ya got, it's about the why and that part you already understand.
You're going about it the rite way, don't rush it you'll have a bigger humi and more smokes than you can smoke soon enough.

Now go & buy a cooler. :-)
Why, thank you! Haha I have a cooler ready to go for when that time comes lol
[Reply]
Brutus2600 01:00 PM 06-26-2010
Congrats and happy birthday!

You're doing alot better than I did. I started smoking cigars at 22 and didn't buy my first box until this year (I'm 27), so don't feel behind the times!

P.S. You've got a pretty cool mom to buy you a sampler! Cigars are a big hobby and passion of mine, and my parents are pretty conservative, so I don't talk to them about it, haha :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:04 PM 06-26-2010
Happy B-Day and congrats!! :-)
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 12:05 AM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
Congrats and happy birthday!

You're doing alot better than I did. I started smoking cigars at 22 and didn't buy my first box until this year (I'm 27), so don't feel behind the times!

P.S. You've got a pretty cool mom to buy you a sampler! Cigars are a big hobby and passion of mine, and my parents are pretty conservative, so I don't talk to them about it, haha :-)
Thank you! My mom went a whole year without seeing me smoke and just a few days ago she walked in the garage and said okay its been a year im ready to see this haha.
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 12:05 AM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Happy B-Day and congrats!! :-)
Thanks a bunch man! Had a great day at the Tim Mcgraw concert, feelin goooood :-)
[Reply]
hockeymaniac 08:04 AM 06-27-2010
Happy Birthday. You still have plenty to taste and find out. The learning never stops. I started 5 years ago when I turned 50 as a mid life crisis thing. Couldn't afford the Lamborghini. I have learned plenty from reading and cigar sites. Also just talking or posting with people. The only advice I will give you is that as you age your tastes change also so the cigar you think sucks today may be a regular smoke for you a few years down the road.That's the beauty of cigars, it's always changing.
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 11:47 AM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by hockeymaniac:
Happy Birthday. You still have plenty to taste and find out. The learning never stops. I started 5 years ago when I turned 50 as a mid life crisis thing. Couldn't afford the Lamborghini. I have learned plenty from reading and cigar sites. Also just talking or posting with people. The only advice I will give you is that as you age your tastes change also so the cigar you think sucks today may be a regular smoke for you a few years down the road.That's the beauty of cigars, it's always changing.
Came up a few bucks short on the Lambo huh? :-) LOL Thanks for the tip though, I never thought about that.
[Reply]
Up