Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Giralda Patriarca
Starchild 09:36 AM 06-17-2009
Haven't seen this one mentioned here before, so I figured I'd put in my :-)

I got this from RPguy in the NST a little while back. Here is the manufacturers site since I didn't take any pics http://www.forcadecigars.net/cigars.asp

I haven't seen this one anywhere else online or in stores.

I had the torpedo, which was a good looking, nicely constructed stick. The wrapper is a medium reddish brown with minor veins. According to the website, this is a Dominican blend, which I'm told was done by Don Pepin Garcia's son.

I paired this one with an Amber Bock, while I watched the Dark Knight in my garage :-) The first 1/2" was a bit harsh, and peppery. I usually don't seek out peppery flavors, so I'm not normally a big Pepin fan. It was pretty harsh on the nose exhale, but it really settled down once it got past the 1st 1/2", and the pepper faded into the background. It shifted to a solid tobacco flavor, with some earthy, woody notes and stayed that way. At this point, I could comfortably nose enough of the smoke to satisfy me. The burn was a little uneven, and required some minor touch ups. The thing that caught me off guard was the strength of this stick. It was a couple hours after a light dinner, and a little before the half way point, this stick started kicking me in the belly! It went out a little past half way, and I didn't have the fortitude to relight.

Overall, I enjoyed the smoke, and would give it another shot on a full stomach.

Thanks for sharing this one with me Jaime :-)
[Reply]
Up