Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Antiquedad
badbriar 08:57 PM 08-25-2014
Short review on My Father La Antiguedad in Robusto size, 5.25 x 52. Nice milk chocolate colored nearly flawless wrapper with faint earthy pre-light aroma. Toasting went well and the burn proceeded throughout the smoke in a razor sharp manner without any assistance needed. Everything about this stick went perfectly! Excellent draw with just the right amount of resistance and tons of light gray aromatic smoke! To put this in perspective, my friend thought I had something like a blonde Undercrown or maybe a bleached DE No. 9! This little beast just wouldn't go out and the smoke lasted nearly 75 minutes. I like to smell the barrel of good cigars after they are well heated and this stick was a really good one! Flavors - just flat damn good! Very smooth right from the start with mild cocoa, nuts and vanilla notes. Good tobacco flavors with a touch of cedar and a good deal of changes and complexity, combined with a creamy silky smooth smoking experience. Honestly, the smoothest cigar I've run across. Interesting that I did not detect any of the DPG pepper blast, but that's a good thing in this cigar. Liked this blend from Garcia very much. Despite the fact that this seems to me to be a medium strength stick and my preference for stronger cigars, will absolutely consider this a regular stock cigar in the rotation. IMHO, one of the best cigars I've ever had. Highly recommended. :-)
[Reply]
Dude Here 09:29 PM 08-25-2014
Nice review! I've got one of these in the cooler now. It may not survive the week after reading this. How does it compare to the Flor de las Antillas?
[Reply]
Remo 09:55 PM 08-25-2014
Nice review Rob, never seen them but a search shows a lot of backorder, must be good!
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 03:36 AM 08-26-2014
Thanks for the review! The Toro is a treat!
[Reply]
czerbe 07:04 AM 08-26-2014
I had one of these, and I will have to pick up a few more to make a full opinion but I think it was good not great and the Flor de las Antillas? was much better
[Reply]
badbriar 06:26 PM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by czerbe:
I had one of these, and I will have to pick up a few more to make a full opinion but I think it was good not great and the Flor de las Antillas? was much better
Interesting... IMHO, I found the La Antiguidad to be a MUCH tastier cigar and smoother. Goes to show that everyone has different tastes! :-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:50 PM 08-26-2014
These are really good. I had a toro single at my local, and like Rob said, I didn't get the trademark Pepin pepper blast either, but the enjoyable cocoa creaminess more than made up for it.
[Reply]
shark 07:00 PM 09-19-2014
I just lit up one of their corona grande sizes (6.38 X 47). I'm pretty impressed so far with it.
[Reply]
shark 07:02 PM 09-19-2014
Originally Posted by TJtorpedo:
These are really good. I had a toro single at my local, and like Rob said, I didn't get the trademark Pepin pepper blast either, but the enjoyable cocoa creaminess more than made up for it.
Yeah me too, but retrohaling it made me sneeze twice in a row anyway. :-)
[Reply]
Up