Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>5 Vegas Relic Perfecto
Titan410 07:52 AM 09-24-2009
I tried this cigar last night. It had been resting in my humi for about 6 months.
Man, you're right, it is an ugly stick.
I have to say I couldn't get past the first eighth. It was horrible IMHO. I looked up a review of it and they said it tasted like buttery earth.
I couldn't continue, and I can count on one hand the number of sticks I couldn't fight past an unpleasant taste to see if it improved.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 08:06 PM 01-06-2010
Titan, can I ask you what % RH you keep your humidor at?
Do u have a digital hygrometer??
judging by what you wrote, I suspect that the humidity in your humidor is too high...
If the RH is more than 65%, then it's too high...
I keep my humi at 65% and it's optimal
[Reply]
tenbaseg 05:01 AM 01-07-2010
Thanks for the review Jeff. I've had this on my to-try list.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:01 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
Thanks for the review Jeff. I've had this on my to-try list.
I could bring a couple to the herf, but you're gettin' your drink on that weekend... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Lensjockie 06:09 AM 01-07-2010
Sounds like a stick I'll have to pick up. True on the letting the sticks set for a while.
10 years ago I bought a box of Santa Rosa Maduros, which alas are no longer produced.
Well I have a smaller humi where I stashed leftovers and walla some were in there.
Yellow cello and all they were a much better smoke. So the aging is always a plus.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 09:39 AM 01-07-2010
I will say this...the Relic I smoked tasted and smelled like it had been aged for a VERY VERY long time....I would rank it up there with BOUTIQUE cigars like padron Annis, Millenium etc, ....I have smoked $20 cigars (like Opus X) that were not as good as the relic....for the cost, they are a STEAL!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:58 AM 01-07-2010
Thank you for the nice review Jeff. I was bombed one of these and have been curious about it. After reading your review I think I'll pull it out and smoke it right now with my morning coffee and Chemistry book.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:03 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Thank you for the nice review Jeff. I was bombed one of these and have been curious about it. After reading your review I think I'll pull it out and smoke it right now with my morning coffee and Chemistry book.
Coincidentally, I'm sitting at the B&M smoking that G2 Turbo you sent me a while back. Tasty, a little milder than I expected from a "Turbo," but a pretty solid medium. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Tredegar 01:07 PM 01-07-2010
I bought a few fivers about 8-9 months ago and I must admit that they do get a bit better with age. Burn still is an issue but the flavors have settled down and have become more of a rich, earthy flavor.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 05:25 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I could bring a couple to the herf, but you're gettin' your drink on that weekend... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Tease. :-)
[Reply]
Namerifrats 06:37 PM 01-07-2010
Nice review! I enjoyed the two I'd had. The wrappers are rough looking, but the taste makes you forget about that wrapper.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 07:55 PM 01-27-2010
Does anyone know who makes these?
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:44 AM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
Does anyone know who makes these?
http://www.cigars5vegas.com/

They're distributed by CI/cigar.com. I think they may be their house brand. :-) In any event, I've not seen them anywhere else.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 09:34 AM 01-29-2010
Thanks for the review. I'll have to pick up a single one of these days. I need to try this one and the cask strengths. I thought the Miami was incredible.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:16 PM 01-29-2010
Coincidentally, I'm sitting at the B&M smoking that G2 Turbo you sent me a while back. Tasty, a little milder than I expected from a "Turbo," but a pretty solid medium. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

I tried it the day you posted this, I think. It was really good. Not my usual pick but good. I found another one in my humi and I'll be enjoying it soon also. I haven't had one of the 5 Vegas yet that I didn't think wasat least okay.
[Reply]
Kreth 12:28 PM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I haven't had one of the 5 Vegas yet that I didn't think wasat least okay.
I don't like the Gold. They're like smoking air to me. The rest are all decent smokes IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 12:30 PM 01-29-2010
I'm not gonna knock it b/c I haven't tried it yet, but the Relic just looks like it's screaming the name "Gurkha" all over the place. Earthy and dirt flavors.

BTW, I like the A Series and the Miami, the Cask Strength II is decent, but the gold and red are not that great IMHO.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:40 PM 01-29-2010
Haven't tried the Gold yet.
[Reply]
Kreth 12:46 PM 01-29-2010
I don't like the Gold. They're like smoking air to me. The rest are all decent smokes IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device
Forgot about the A. Very inconsistent for me. Only 1 Triple A so far, but it was excellent.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bigheadmark 04:54 PM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
http://www.cigars5vegas.com/

They're distributed by CI/cigar.com. I think they may be their house brand. :-) In any event, I've not seen them anywhere else.
wow thanks!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up