Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Rocky patel the edge A-10 toro
kingcobradude 11:01 AM 11-11-2019
Ok first off, a-10, btw, are they naming their cigars after military jets? Anyway I digress.

Size: 6x52

Band:8.5/10 simple but elegant.

Preliminary observations: a Maduro stick with with a corojo barber pole overlaid on it. Dry puff was peppery with a bit of a floral note.

Flavors: 8.5 initial light revealed pepper, leather, and grass, with a bit of Autumn leaves, and a finish of leather and a slight coffee. An inch in, the pepper died down, leaving leather and coffee, and a bit of a meaty flavor, like searing a rib eye on the grill. There is a bit of sweetness on the finish. The meat builds until the halfway point, where it combines nicely with the leather and pepper. I smoked it down to an inch and a half remaining, with an hour and 15 minutes burn time.

Body: solid medium

Construction: 6.5 it burned unevenly, but self corrected. The more alarming problem was the barber pole stripe lifting off, requiring constant babysitting.

Final thoughts: smoke this one before dinner, it will make you hungry. I will pick these up occasionally, but the overlay issue keeps this from being a regular smoke for me.
[Reply]
Up