Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>New World Toro
badbriar 09:33 PM 08-29-2015
AJ Fernandez New World Toro Cigar in 6.5 x 55 is a generous box press cigar. Gorgeous construction with a dark brown, oily wrapper. Not sure exactly what the wrapper is - described as a dark Nicaraguan wrapper - not a lot of help. Probably Habano. I have had only two of these for reviewing. The first, being right out of a newly opened box, was horrible. The second had been put away for about 5-6 months and was smooth, creamy and delish! What a difference a bit of mellowing makes! Burn was great on both, as were the draws. AJ makes great sticks and I like most of his line. This proved to be the one of the best, along with the San Lotano Maduro. Loads of flavors - leather, baking spices, nuts, cedar, mild citrus, earthiness, pepper. Excellent cigar. I finally found the something-other-than-maduro cigar I had been looking for. I'm stocking up on this gem. :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 12:26 PM 08-30-2015
That sounds exactly like the kind of stick I would enjoy a lot. I may have to try a few.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:28 PM 08-30-2015
Nice review, Rob! Like you, I was less than impressed with the one I had. But based on your review I'll probably pick another up and give it a long nap before trying again.
[Reply]
RJrocker 02:57 PM 09-17-2015
Nice perspective. I've had the New World, darn enjoyable cigar.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:04 PM 09-17-2015
Recently picked up a few more, dated them and put them away for a few months sleep. :-)
[Reply]
Dux 08:04 AM 09-18-2015
I'm looking forward to the enclave by Aj Fernandez! I really enjoyed the new world line however the Enclave just sounds delish!!
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 02:20 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Dux:
I'm looking forward to the enclave by Aj Fernandez! I really enjoyed the new world line however the Enclave just sounds delish!!
Enclave is slap your Mama good!
[Reply]
badbriar 09:05 PM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by Dux:
Talked me into it! Picked up a few and put them away for a later treat. Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Dux 08:13 AM 09-28-2015
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Talked me into it! Picked up a few and put them away for a later treat. Thanks! :-)
Awesome :-)
[Reply]
oldforge 01:42 AM 10-15-2015
I think both the Enclave and New World need some rest.
[Reply]
Up