Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatauale Tatoo
bobarian 05:37 PM 05-06-2014
A new release from PJ, picked up a couple last week after smoking one at an event. Not sure of blend or if other sizes will become available.
5x50 Robusto, nice dark wrapper of unknown origin. Pre-light draw is nice and free, no bitterness detected.

This is a new blend and a discount stick meant to compete with the Illusione Rothschild. Not sure if its long or short filler(P series) but I dont get any little bits from the head so maybe long filler.
First third is nice and smooth. Well balanced with a bit of spice but not overpowering. A bit of sweetness is also present. Ash is pure white like most Nicaraguan sticks. I like that its a bit milder than most Nic smokes as I am able to nose exhale most of the time.
As I approach half way strength has picked up a bit but still nicely balanced.
A bit stronger than the one I smoked last week probably because this my first of the day. To my taste, the Tatoo falls somewhere in between the Tat Red and Brown. I'm not sure where PJ intended it to fall as far a strength.
As I start the final third, I am really enjoying this stick. Especially, if compared to the P series(a feeble effort). California retail is about $5 each so maybe a bit less if your taxes are lower. Its a bit stronger than the Illusione Rothschilde.

I would smoke this stick again. It is well balanced and fairly smooth. Not sure if these will be limited but I think PJ has a winner here. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 05:40 PM 05-06-2014
Thanks for the review I might have to check these out!
[Reply]
czerbe 05:54 PM 05-06-2014
Great info. Thanks
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:11 PM 05-06-2014
Great review.
Thanks Bob!
I found it interesting that you were able to nose exhale.
The last NC I was able to do that with was over 10 years old.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:27 PM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Great review.
Thanks Bob!
I found it interesting that you were able to nose exhale.
The last NC I was able to do that with was over 10 years old.
I was quite surprised that I didnt burn my nose hairs as well. Its so much a habit sometimes I regret it, but this was smooth, especially for a Nicaraguan. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 06:31 PM 05-06-2014
Bob how new are these? I couldn't find them on Atlantic or CI.
[Reply]
doctorcue 02:55 AM 05-07-2014
These are at New Havana:
Clicky

Thanks for the review Bob. I'll have to try to get some. See… I knew you like Tats. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:53 AM 05-07-2014
Sounds Like My Wheelhouse, Bob!:-) Great Review, I Just Ordered Some From Dan @ New Havana!:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 06:12 AM 05-07-2014
These are on my must try list. Nice review Bob :-)
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 12:18 PM 05-07-2014
thanks for the review! I'm looking forward to trying one of these
[Reply]
bobarian 08:23 PM 05-07-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
Bob how new are these? I couldn't find them on Atlantic or CI.
Just got an email from Atlantic. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 08:33 PM 05-07-2014
Yeah I got that email too but it seems like a box is cheaper at new Havana
[Reply]
montecristo#2 11:37 PM 05-07-2014
Maybe a mod can change the title of the thread.

Bob - it might be time for some glasses. lol

Tatauale Tatoo = Tatuaje Tattoo :-)
[Reply]
Geauxbig1975 08:08 PM 05-18-2014
Great review. I will grab a few next week! I've never really had a Tatuaje that I wouldn't smoke again and it sounds like this one will be no different! Pete is a true master of his craft !
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:30 PM 05-22-2014
Nice review Bob:-)

Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
Maybe a mod can change the title of the thread.

Bob - it might be time for some glasses. lol

Tatauale Tatoo = Tatuaje Tattoo :-)
He was just a wee bit excited Aaron:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 01:52 PM 02-27-2016
Smoking a Bonito (torpedo) now. Great smoke. Great bang for the buck. I could see myself buying a box of these. They come in boxes of 50 and a history search on FSS' auction site shows that they go for well under $200/box.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 06:13 PM 02-27-2016
They show up on Cbid as well
[Reply]
Up