Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aurora Preferidos Lanceros
scoot 07:03 PM 08-03-2010
I smoked one of these today at Holts after a late lunch in the city. The cigar was a great mild-medium stick and the perfect progression from the burger I had at the Union Trust.

The cigar opened up with mild toasty flavors and developed a nuttiness on its way to the half way point. It also had a slightly sweet flavor that would come and go that tied in fantastically with the nuttiness.

As the second half progressed the sweetness ceased and the nuttiness and toast flavors faded to the background as a cinnomon or nutmeg type flavor. This flavor remains mild and was in no way overpowering or unbalanced. With the last two inches a harsh flavor developed and the cigar became hot quite easily. I let her go out with about an inch and a half remaining.

I really enjoyed this smoke and would look to it for the very occasional break from the norm. Although I don't think that I could justify adding it to my regular rotation when the Oliva Connecticut Lonsdale delivers a somewhat similar profile and an equally satifying experience at a much lower price point.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
papajohn67 09:48 PM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by scoot:
I smoked one of these today at Holts after a late lunch in the city. The cigar was a great mild-medium stick and the perfect progression from the burger I had at the Union Trust.

The cigar opened up with mild toasty flavors and developed a nuttiness on its way to the half way point. It also had a slightly sweet flavor that would come and go that tied in fantastically with the nuttiness.

As the second half progressed the sweetness ceased and the nuttiness and toast flavors faded to the background as a cinnomon or nutmeg type flavor. This flavor remains mild and was in no way overpowering or unbalanced. With the last two inches a harsh flavor developed and the cigar became hot quite easily. I let her go out with about an inch and a half remaining.

I really enjoyed this smoke and would look to it for the very occasional break from the norm. Although I don't think that I could justify adding it to my regular rotation when the Oliva Connecticut Lonsdale delivers a somewhat similar profile and an equally satifying experience at a much lower price point.
Posted via Mobile Device
These sticks are the cats meow. Went through a box of 50 & on the prowl for more. :-)
[Reply]
scoot 10:30 PM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
These sticks are the cats meow. Went through a box of 50 & on the prowl for more. :-)
Not to tempt you or anything, but it would seem Holts has boxes of 50 in stock...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up