Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Rocky Patel Valedor
elderboy02 06:08 PM 07-31-2010
Date: 7/31/10

Cigar: Rocky Patel Valedor (5.5 x 50)

Cost: $12 but this was gifted to me by a member of AR15.com because he had some extras.

Drink: Water

This is a cigar made by Rocky Patel for the National Rifle Association (NRA) in 2010. I was excited to try this cigar because I am a Life Member of the NRA and appreciate everything they do for us gun owners. I don't know any other details about the cigar. If anyone knows anything about the cigar, let me know.

Appearance: This cigar comes in a glass tube. The wrapper is flawless. I am giving the appearance a 10/10 because of the NRA bands on it.

Pre-Light: The cigar smells great. The smell reminds me of sweet chocolate. The pre-light tasted like bitter chocolate.

Construction: Held an average ash. The draw was perfect. I did notice some construction problems as the wrapper started to crack which is strange because I store my cigars at 65% RH.

Taste of the cigar: About 1" in the cigar tasted like bitter chocolate and I didn't care for it. After 1" the bitterness disappeared. It then tasted like coffee. About 3" in, it got very bitter and harsh. I put it out.

Strength: This is a medium-full bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar didn't do much for me except for maybe a couple inches. I wouldn't buy this cigar again, but I appreciate the opportunity to smoke it. I give this cigar a 4/10.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:11 PM 07-31-2010
Never Heard Of It, Dan. Thanks For The Review, Brother!:-) Now I Won't Buy It, Either!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:11 PM 07-31-2010
Thanks for the review Dan...not a big fan of Rockys stuff.
[Reply]
Up