Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 52 of 96
« First < 242505152 535462 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
backwoods357 09:48 PM 06-28-2011
That or you were downloading a custom map from a slow server. I really hate that they made tf2 free. Here come all the damn kids.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:06 PM 06-29-2011
I don't play it online...bots FTW. I see no reason to play games online I cannot stand kids.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:15 AM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I don't play it online...bots FTW. I see no reason to play games online I cannot stand kids.
Well its not really worth it then. The fun of it really comes from the multiplayer as it is still so well balanced. And with the game being out for so long before it went free you have a mix of people who are really good, ad a lot who aren't, so it's a little easier to break in to it now. And you honestly should try it multi at least once, the TF2 community isn't really kiddies, it's nothing like COD and the like.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 08:31 AM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I'm pretty much with you on this. I've started with CoD:BO playing with other people but it's just an instant death every time. The skill curve just seems to high.
[Reply]
Apoco 07:35 AM 07-05-2011
Steam summer sale going on right now!
[Reply]
Bill86 11:07 PM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
I'm pretty much with you on this. I've started with CoD:BO playing with other people but it's just an instant death every time. The skill curve just seems to high.
Yeah, I'm not THAT into any game. I just mostly play them for the stories.....an interactive movie. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:49 AM 07-07-2011
I only play online with friends.
A video game can't keep my attention without friends.
I have my settings so I can't hear anybody that is not on my friends list, this makes it a very enjoyable experience. You don't have to listen to the screaming and whinning.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:49 AM 07-07-2011
See I don't have friends who are gamers. I'm entirely solo PvE, with as much crafting as I can manage. Currently I'm a Rift crackhead, though with The Game That Must Not Be Named having just opened up as free to play up to L20, I'll probably go play over there for a bit.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:31 PM 07-07-2011
Picked up a used copy of Madworld on the Wii. This game kicks ass!
[Reply]
Apoco 07:07 AM 07-08-2011
See I don't have friends who are gamers. I'm entirely solo PvE, with as much crafting as I can manage. Currently I'm a Rift crackhead, though with The Game That Must Not Be Named having just opened up as free to play up to L20, I'll probably go play over there for a bit.
Rift is pretty good. I just don't know if I really play it enough to make it worth while (played about 3 days out of my 7 day trial)

WoW is the devil's game. But if you are playing solo PvE it shouldn't eat you away. It is when you start high end PVP or raiding that it becomes a time suck.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Apoco 10:26 PM 07-08-2011
Trine. Damn fine game. :-)

Although I rage quitted on one spot. "Race against the rising (something that kills you instantly)" levels require me to take breaks on occasion :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Apoco 09:57 AM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Trine. Damn fine game. :-)

Although I rage quitted on one spot. "Race against the rising (something that kills you instantly)" levels require me to take breaks on occasion :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
I finished this game up last night...apparently I raged out on the very last level :-). Was fun and a good change of pace from my normal style of game.

Tonight I will try and finish up God of War 2. I was too tired to beat the reflex game a few nights ago.

I also need to start up God of War 3, The Witcher 1 & The Witcher 2, and Sanctum...in addition to the DLC for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood :-)

Stupid work getting in the way of my video gaming...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:02 PM 07-11-2011
Rift is pretty good. I just don't know if I really play it enough to make it worth while (played about 3 days out of my 7 day trial)

WoW is the devil's game. But if you are playing solo PvE it shouldn't eat you away. It is when you start high end PVP or raiding that it becomes a time suck.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm really digging Rift. Just tagged 41. The class system is spectacular since you can essentially change at will with 8 sub-classes per main category.

WoW I haven't played in the better part of a year. I haven't maxed out and started raiding. Got a couple toons in the mid 50s. *shrug* I end up spending more time running around with a pickaxe than actually killing stuff.

Minecraft is a special kind of life suck too. The 1.8 this fall is going to be quite something.

Then of course there's the grand daddy of all awesome online time sucks.

EvE.

We don't talk about EvE.
[Reply]
irons 01:14 PM 07-11-2011
I'm really digging Rift. Just tagged 41. The class system is spectacular since you can essentially change at will with 8 sub-classes per main category.

WoW I haven't played in the better part of a year. I haven't maxed out and started raiding. Got a couple toons in the mid 50s. *shrug* I end up spending more time running around with a pickaxe than actually killing stuff.

Minecraft is a special kind of life suck too. The 1.8 this fall is going to be quite something.

EvE.

We don't talk about EvE.

HAHAH. I loved WoW and EVE for a while. Both are like having 2nd jobs now. I've been sampling the F2P stuff. DDO, AVA and World of Tanks. In addition to the time putting into Minecraft multiplayer and StarCraft 2.

Season 3 of StarCraft starting soon. Need to play more 1v1 and get gold this round. =)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:22 PM 07-11-2011
started playing COD Black Ops again. The new maps seem pretty decent.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:32 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by irons:
HAHAH. I loved WoW and EVE for a while. Both are like having 2nd jobs now. I've been sampling the F2P stuff. DDO, AVA and World of Tanks. In addition to the time putting into Minecraft multiplayer and StarCraft 2.

Season 3 of StarCraft starting soon. Need to play more 1v1 and get gold this round. =)
DDO makes me want to poke my eyes out. But that's just my Soloitis.

Global Agenda is a solid F2P, as are a couple of the other ones that just were pushed out with Steam.

I'm interested to see what happens when Fallen Earth goes F2P in a couple months. The graphics were so unbelievably choppy it was tough to stick with. Interesting play model though.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:36 AM 07-12-2011

EvE.

We don't talk about EvE.
I never played EvE. But I played the HELL out of the original Everquest and it's 7 expansions.

I finished up God of War 2 last night and started in on The Witcher 1. These controls are going to take some getting used to. Space pauses the game to let me issue commands and there is no jump. I keep accidently pausing the game because I'm used to jumping like a maniac :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:18 AM 07-12-2011
Yep. EverCrack. back when the player market was the tunnel between east west commons on Sundays at 1:00 EST.

I remember running from Qeynos to Freeport with a L6 rogue (since I FINALLY had hide & sneak) through Gorge and Eye.

SoW is for wimps.

We used to have GM led raids from nektulos into freeport. Half the time when we hit the zone boundry we'd take down the server.

I secretly want Anarchy Online to hurry up with that engine upgrade.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:54 AM 07-12-2011
Yep. EverCrack. back when the player market was the tunnel between east west commons on Sundays at 1:00 EST.

I remember running from Qeynos to Freeport with a L6 rogue (since I FINALLY had hide & sneak) through Gorge and Eye.

SoW is for wimps.

We used to have GM led raids from nektulos into freeport. Half the time when we hit the zone boundry we'd take down the server.

I secretly want Anarchy Online to hurry up with that engine upgrade.
The memory that sticks with me the most about EQ is Southpaw. That is when I learned that one mob will, in fact, pull other mobs. Those trains were truly epic :-)

We had one guy that ran our economy. I mean really - he RAN that economy. He was a really smart and funny guy, too. I don't think I ever saw him anywhere except for Torch #3 in EC. I still remember his character name - Beardo. If you inspected him his character description said "Yay for Diablo-esque economies".

Did you ever do any raiding? Old school plane of fear was hilariously bad. I lost my corpse for a week because of all the crap that was at the zone line...couldn't go in and loot! Hooray for alts :-)

Also - taking a bard/rogue at an absurdly low level into Lower Guk to get the mask of deception since they always just rotted. Lots of deaths involved in getting that item. Lots.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:04 AM 07-12-2011
The memory that sticks with me the most about EQ is Southpaw. That is when I learned that one mob will, in fact, pull other mobs. Those trains were truly epic :-)

We had one guy that ran our economy. I mean really - he RAN that economy. He was a really smart and funny guy, too. I don't think I ever saw him anywhere except for Torch #3 in EC. I still remember his character name - Beardo. If you inspected him his character description said "Yay for Diablo-esque economies".

Did you ever do any raiding? Old school plane of fear was hilariously bad. I lost my corpse for a week because of all the crap that was at the zone line...couldn't go in and loot! Hooray for alts :-)

Also - taking a bard/rogue at an absurdly low level into Lower Guk to get the mask of deception since they always just rotted. Lots of deaths involved in getting that item. Lots.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ah, Fippy Darkpaw and the Southpaw zone. Qeynos will forever be THE beginning memory of my MMO world type experience. When EQ2 came out and I played it for a little while (didn't last long) running through Qeynos' streets was possibly the most nostalgic gaming experience I've ever had.

Beardo, that sounds so familiar...were you on Rallos Zek? I know there was one guy who ran the economy too, literally had millions of platinum, which was absolutely insane at the time.

Me and all my friends played EQ from around release to just a year or two short of when WoW was released. Played Star Wars Galaxies, Dark age of Camelot, and EQ2 inbetween EQ and WoW. We're pretty much MMO junkies and can't wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be released, we're done with WoW and want the next big, good MMO. Tried Rift, but most of the group didn't like it (I actually enjoyed it, but once they left it was just kind of so so).
[Reply]
Page 52 of 96
« First < 242505152 535462 > Last »
Up