Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Sports>Raiders Fans - Check in
shilala 01:32 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Scott, you know this is 2011 and not 2005, right? If Carson Palmer was a horse he'd be glue right now.
He's 32. Granted, he got a lot of zip knocked off his ball from laying on his back for years. Despite playing ball in what was arguably the most asshole-ridden franchise in the NFL for the best part of his tenure, he stuck it out knowing it was a go-nowhere proposition in a club that cares nothing of success, driven by management that wouldn't know a winning move if it bit them on the ass.
The Raiders have the line and wideouts to let his ability shine, if there's something left. Iirc, Oakland's offensive coordinator was in Cinnci around 06, so Carson should be able to slide in with little adjustment.
Plus he's still far better than Kyle Boller even if they need to push him around in a wheelbarrow.
Stephen 02:04 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
If Carson was a horse, he just got a new owner, trainer and jockey. :-)
How'd that work out for Barbaro...
Stephen 02:08 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
He's 32. Granted, he got a lot of zip knocked off his ball from laying on his back for years. Despite playing ball in what was arguably the most asshole-ridden franchise in the NFL for the best part of his tenure, he stuck it out knowing it was a go-nowhere proposition in a club that cares nothing of success, driven by management that wouldn't know a winning move if it bit them on the ass.
The Raiders have the line and wideouts to let his ability shine, if there's something left. Iirc, Oakland's offensive coordinator was in Cinnci around 06, so Carson should be able to slide in with little adjustment.
Plus he's still far better than Kyle Boller even if they need to push him around in a wheelbarrow.
The last couple of seasons in Nati, Carson Palmer got skittish. Not David Carr skittish, but he got some happy feet back there. I'd be more worried about that than his elbow and shoulder issues. Put those two together and he's a busted quarterback IMO.
qwerty1500 07:02 PM 10-18-2011
Quite a gamble ... wouldn't expect anything else from the Raiders. I had just written the season off. Now, at least, there is some hope.
rennD 10:21 AM 10-20-2011
I'll be watching the game from our local black hole here in San Diego :-)

Let's see what Palmer has *Crosses fingers*
e-man67 10:32 AM 10-20-2011
Sorry, you fellas definately got the short end of the stick with Palmer..we are glad to be rid of him.
Mr B 11:24 AM 10-20-2011
The way the division shakes down, the Raiders have a good shot at winning it and making the playoffs. Throwing that away to get a look at Pryor wouldn't be the way I would want the team to go. As much as everyone could be down on the Palmer deal, it will be interesting to see if he is successful. I think he will be. Also, the quandry they are going to be put in with Palmer, Pryor, Boller and Campbell will be interesting to see who is the odd man out. :-)

X2

As I mentioned before, Campbel was decent at best but still looked better than Boller.
Even w/ the short amount of time to learn the playbook, I think Palmer (being a veteran) will adapt better / faster than either of the other two.
Running game, Special teams, defense, offensive line all looking good. The addition of a good quarterback will only help.
rennD 01:16 PM 10-20-2011
The only thing going for Palmer in Oakland is that he has an O Line now.
rennD 02:31 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by rennD:
The only thing going for Palmer in Oakland is that he has an O Line now.
Bad word choice on my part. I meant one of the major things what Carson has now is the Oakland O line.
chippewastud79 06:40 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Sorry, you fellas definately got the short end of the stick with Palmer..we are glad to be rid of him.
Most fans are just bitter and hoping he fails. Its too bad Mike Brown has to ruin careers and fans still take his side over the players when it comes to public perception. :-)
chippewastud79 06:43 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by rennD:
Bad word choice on my part. I meant one of the major things what Carson has now is the Oakland O line.
An offensive line, offensive coordinator who doesn't run the most predictable offense in the NFL, head coach who has the respect of his team, receivers who run the correct routes and won't be forced to throw to, a running game, front office that will spend money, diehard (not fair-weather) fans, and the chance to win a division title with a team and not by himself. Just to name a few. :-)
jledou 05:12 AM 10-21-2011
As with everything only time will tell if this was a good move or not ... It is definitely making news and putting some more buzz back into the team ... hopefully it doesn't just become a distraction for the game this week.

We have the pregame warmup today at work as we work in our Home Safety Meeting on outdoor cooking/tailgating at the office here in KC this afternoon.
shilala 04:21 PM 10-21-2011
An offensive line, offensive coordinator who doesn't run the most predictable offense in the NFL, head coach who has the respect of his team, receivers who run the correct routes and won't be forced to throw to, a running game, front office that will spend money, diehard (not fair-weather) fans, and the chance to win a division title with a team and not by himself. Just to name a few. :-)
And imagine this, receivers who will actually finish a route!!!
Carson is going to think he's in heaven, for sure. It's hard for me to think of the Raiders organization as heaven because much like the rest of the world, I hate them. :-)
I'm just a big fan of Carson and feel bad that his talent was wsted on such a suck organization all these years.

Just Wednesday Rotowire was reporting that Palmer would be playing Sunday. Today I got a text that says he's not playing. I'd wouldn't be real surprised if that doesn't change again come Sunday.
They're playing KC, for crying out loud. They shouldn't need much of a quarterback to get that job done. :-)

I'd really like to see that game if Carson plays. Between him and Jackie Battle breaking out for KC, it could be a classic short-field, running game, grind-it-out, kinda contest. That'd be a cool change of pace.
jledou 05:05 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by jledou:
As with everything only time will tell if this was a good move or not ... It is definitely making news and putting some more buzz back into the team ... hopefully it doesn't just become a distraction for the game this week.
:-)
elderboy02 07:15 AM 10-24-2011
I see Palmer left off where he did in Cincy. 3 picks :-)

I lol'ed at him pretty hard this weekend, but I would still like to see him after he has a full week to learn the playbook and work on his timing.
Stephen 08:05 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
They're playing KC, for crying out loud. They shouldn't need much of a quarterback to get that job done. :-)
Maybe they should just start with one who isn't gonna throw three picks and go from there...
Adriftpanda 02:18 PM 10-24-2011
I was pretty sadden by their performance yesterday, and on top of that, McFadden is hurt :-)
rennD 03:44 PM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I was pretty sadden by their performance yesterday, and on top of that, McFadden is hurt :-)
Initial reports state that he should be back after the Bye Week. At least it wasnt that same high ankle sprain.

I am looking forward to the Denver and San Diego games.
Mr B 05:19 PM 10-24-2011
Ya, Bummer

Wasnt expecting much from Boller, he has not showed much since he has been w/ the Raiders.
What can you expect from Palmer w/ 3-4 days of practice and only 10% of the reps on those days.
Top 1-2 running back in the league out in the first quarter.
Tight End Boss out w/ concussion.
Jannokowski out w./ hammi (not that we got close enough to kick one, lol).
Still no Marcell Reese, fullback.

What a letdown.

Thank God for the Bi-week. Study hard Carson!!!!
e-man67 09:48 AM 10-25-2011
Most fans are just bitter and hoping he fails. Its too bad Mike Brown has to ruin careers and fans still take his side over the players when it comes to public perception. :-)
I understand your bitterness and hatred for Mike Brown..I get that..maybe not from an NFL players perspective..but I get it. Now Palmers failure had nothing to do with Mike Brown. Brown threw truck loads of money at the guy and Palmer just could not deliver (after the injury)...he throws the ball perfectly into the opposings teams hands (3 interceptions with the Raiders first game)..otherwise the ball is either overthrown, over the recievers head, or in the dirt. I am glad he is gone (no I don't want him to fail) as it is fun to watch Dalton with the Bengals.
Page 7 of 16
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Up