Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 196
« First < 4121314 15162464114 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Genetic Defect 02:28 PM 03-08-2009
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
I just picked up a bottle of Basil Haydens... Looks Extremely light and pleasant.. Will let you know if i advise you in trying it.. but for me, Its a never ending search for a Favorite :-)
hurry up and try it I have time before the store closes :-):-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 04:59 PM 03-08-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
hurry up and try it I have time before the store closes :-):-)
haha WHAT! lol damn i should have checked this sooner lol, i gotta cruise and get the lady from work, Let me know if you still have time and how much! :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:34 PM 03-08-2009
haha WHAT! lol damn i should have checked this sooner lol, i gotta cruise and get the lady from work, Let me know if you still have time and how much! :-)
:-) they are closed now I now have all week so take your time.:-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 07:14 PM 03-08-2009
:-) they are closed now I now have all week so take your time.:-)
:-) You got it my good sir.. I may fire up my FIRST Small batch #2 tonight with a glass... but damn.. if its that light it may get over shrouded by the smoke.. DAMNIT!...
decisions decisions!
( HELP ME! lol)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 07:21 PM 03-08-2009
:-) You got it my good sir.. I may fire up my FIRST Small batch #2 tonight with a glass... but damn.. if its that light it may get over shrouded by the smoke.. DAMNIT!...
decisions decisions!
( HELP ME! lol)
a dilemma I wish I had :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 09:37 PM 03-08-2009
Vito, there are plenty of suggestions in the recent few pages of this thread, about 20-40 of em. Go through and pick a few and enjoy! :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 09:42 PM 03-08-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Vito, there are plenty of suggestions in the recent few pages of this thread, about 20-40 of em. Go through and pick a few and enjoy! :-)
I think I will is Bookers bourbon? I used to love that :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:53 PM 03-08-2009
Yup, Bookers is indeed a bourbon.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:54 PM 03-08-2009
sweet, I should see if I still like it :-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 12:31 AM 03-09-2009
sweet, I should see if I still like it :-)
its some brutal some if you havent had any Bourbon in awhile.. Extremely strong and Robust but DAMN it has some nice flavors!!!!!
- Extremely sweet aftertaste... Smokey...Rich Peat...Roasted.. Damn haha, But took me close to a year+ before i finally polished off my bottle :-)
[Reply]
drevim 12:48 AM 03-09-2009
Not truly a bourbon, but....

Stopped by a friends the other night to help with computer issues. Turned out to be a bit more wrestling than I had thought it would be over the phone. Which it always seems to be. After getting done, he asks if I'm still drinking Crown. Of course I do! Thought he may be offering a drink, since he has a fully stocked bar.

Instead he hands me the familiar Purple box. But then he drops this on me...."That bottle is probaly as old as you are"....Uh, ok.....Seems he found a couple of unopened bottles of Crown in his dad's bar, from 1976!

Wow, I was blown away. Opening the box, it has a paper band over the cap "Canadian excise" and the year "1976". Label design is similar to curent except, the Waterloo factory was still in the mix. The taste is much smoother than a new bottle, and the color is much lighter. A delicious couple of fingers gone, and a bottle to be treasured.

I know that hard liquor doesn't age per say, so I have to atribute this to the Waterloo being in there. And we all know the only way to get Waterloo now is in the XR, crazy expensive stuff.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 12:51 AM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by drevim:
Not truly a bourbon, but....

Stopped by a friends the other night to help with computer issues. Turned out to be a bit more wrestling than I had thought it would be over the phone. Which it always seems to be. After getting done, he asks if I'm still drinking Crown. Of course I do! Thought he may be offering a drink, since he has a fully stocked bar.

Instead he hands me the familiar Purple box. But then he drops this on me...."That bottle is probaly as old as you are"....Uh, ok.....Seems he found a couple of unopened bottles of Crown in his dad's bar, from 1976!

Wow, I was blown away. Opening the box, it has a paper band over the cap "Canadian excise" and the year "1976". Label design is similar to curent except, the Waterloo factory was still in the mix. The taste is much smoother than a new bottle, and the color is much lighter. A delicious couple of fingers gone, and a bottle to be treasured.

I know that hard liquor doesn't age per say, so I have to atribute this to the Waterloo being in there. And we all know the only way to get Waterloo now is in the XR, crazy expensive stuff.
Awesome man! Yah i did read a bit on the only aging a bourbon gets is when its in the barrel, But still when its bottled there is a little "Angels Share" that evaporates off... so if anything it may be that much more concentrated... Or atleast i would think.. Def. something that would be interested passing around a herf :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 01:25 AM 03-09-2009
its some brutal some if you havent had any Bourbon in awhile.. Extremely strong and Robust but DAMN it has some nice flavors!!!!!
- Extremely sweet aftertaste... Smokey...Rich Peat...Roasted.. Damn haha, But took me close to a year+ before i finally polished off my bottle :-)
about 6 years since I really tried it, then a buddy and me drank half the bottle during the first half of the playoff games it was the packers and some other team.:-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 11:34 AM 03-09-2009
about 6 years since I really tried it, then a buddy and me drank half the bottle during the first half of the playoff games it was the packers and some other team.:-)
haha holy hell man, I can easily notice a slight buzz after a few fingers...
124.6 proof was mine.. but damn its Brutal! :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 01:03 PM 03-16-2009
Thread has been a little slow, bump to the top!
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:57 PM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Thread has been a little slow, bump to the top!

Don't want to bring the thread down, but.

........... :-) ............

Good thing I have two more bottles. :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 03:17 PM 03-16-2009
That's always painful to see a rare/HTF bottle make it's home in the recycle bin, however I'm sure it was enjoyed! I'm drinking a little Elijah Craig 18 right now. Love this stuff!
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:20 PM 03-26-2009
Tonight at the store I was wanting to try something different so I wondered past the bourbon over to the Rye section. I chose the Russell Reserve Rye. It is very tasty, a good change of pace.

I also was wondering everyone's opinion on the Mitchter line of whiskeys. I have never heard of them and both the bourbon and the rye were damn expensive.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 09:23 PM 03-26-2009
I have had soo many bourbons but I have never had Stagg! I am gonna have to pick me up a bottle. The in-laws are coming soon and my father in law loves bourbon so maybe I can buy a bottle for us to share.

Good job keeping the bourbon thread alive!
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:28 PM 03-26-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I have had soo many bourbons but I have never had Stagg! I am gonna have to pick me up a bottle. The in-laws are coming soon and my father in law loves bourbon so maybe I can buy a bottle for us to share.

Good job keeping the bourbon thread alive!
A fine BOTL (thanks again Stewart) recently found me some and I have to say i was not disappointed. I drink most everything neat and as a word of caution sip it very gingerly or your tongue may hate you for a few hours.

Speaking of that, all you Stagg drinkers, how do you enjoy your? Neat, with a drop of water, or on the rocks?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 196
« First < 4121314 15162464114 > Last »
Up