Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Good Eats>Five Guys Burgers and Fries
ironchefscott 12:53 PM 08-01-2012
I have mixed feelings about them...I dig the whole topping thing....but I don't really like their beef...but enjoy their fries....and not super happy about the price point
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:09 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by ironchefscott:
I have mixed feelings about them...I dig the whole topping thing....but I don't really like their beef...but enjoy their fries....and not super happy about the price point
No doubt they are over priced, but I have no better option for a burger. Well Red Robin has some good GuacBurgers but that's more of a sit down. I hate Burger King and McDonalds.
[Reply]
GWN 05:22 PM 08-01-2012
Just opened up here in Canada, as far as I can tell. At least in my area. Little pricey, but tons of food and it tasted great.
[Reply]
shaggy 07:15 PM 08-01-2012
there is one here in hamilton...guys at work say it is great but i havent been yet
[Reply]
Retiredguy 07:51 PM 08-01-2012
There are a couple within about ten minutes. I like them. I also like In & Out when I'm out on the left coast, but then I pretty much like anything that's bad for me.
[Reply]
Malakai 01:26 AM 08-02-2012
Don't care for them. As a couple other stated local places are better. For my area I prefer In n out (of course) or The Habit.
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 06:19 AM 08-02-2012
Five guys has a pretty good product for a chain, mind you. However, your local burger joint that's a one off is almost always going to be better. Yelp is your friend. utilize it.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 06:51 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Yah I hate their fries, you should try a hotdog though :-)
Will have to try it soon. Thanks.
[Reply]
shilala 07:59 AM 08-02-2012
The prices are a bit high, but if a person buys a large burger, large fries, and a drink, it's FAR more than enough food for two people. Two people can't even eat it all, and off the top of my head, that's around 14 bucks. That's not pricey at all.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:15 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
but if a person buys a large burger, large fries, and a drink, it's FAR more than enough food for two people. Two people can't even eat it all.
Wanna bet? :-)
[Reply]
363 08:31 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
The prices are a bit high, but if a person buys a large burger, large fries, and a drink, it's FAR more than enough food for two people. Two people can't even eat it all, and off the top of my head, that's around 14 bucks. That's not pricey at all.
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Wanna bet? :-)
If you split the burger along with the fries it is totally doable, now each person gets a burger then maybe. Are we talking 2 bros or a couple out on a date?
[Reply]
Dave128 08:58 AM 08-02-2012
I agree with splitting the fries, but not the burger. If my wife and I go: I get a regular burger, she gets a single and we split a large fries. Works out nicely.
[Reply]
Bax 09:21 AM 08-02-2012
Now that I read this, I might have get a burger today after Batman:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:27 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by 363:
If you split the burger along with the fries it is totally doable, now each person gets a burger then maybe. Are we talking 2 bros or a couple out on a date?
I am saying I can eat a large burger, fries and drink no problem myself. I don't like the fries though but could do it to prove Scott wrong :-)

Maybe I missunderstood Scott. Scott, did you mean 2 large hamburgers, 1 large fries and 2 drinks?

Typically the wife and I split the fries, and she orders a burger and drink and I order two hot dogs.
Or I get a burger and 1 hot dog. I get a bottle of water.

**** I am hungry now!
[Reply]
RHNewfie 12:00 PM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by GWN:
Just opened up here in Canada, as far as I can tell. At least in my area. Little pricey, but tons of food and it tasted great.
It is excellent Jeff... maybe a few bucks more but well worth it...
[Reply]
JPjr 10:07 AM 08-06-2012
Have one 5 min from the house. In a pinch, absolutely. Blows McD's out of the water for a fast burger. If I'm digging in, though, it's Red Robin all the way...Royal Red with an egg on top.mmmmmmmmmm
[Reply]
pektel 06:02 PM 08-07-2012
i love topping burgers with weird things at home. I've used egg and bacon, sliced filet mignon, or pastrami. the pastrami is awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
audio1der 09:22 AM 08-09-2012
Good, but I prefer Fatburger.
The meat they use for the King burgers (1/3 lb patties) are different than the regular patties, and they are otherwordly; just amazing.
The triple King (3x 1/2 lb patties) is all I eat, every time. Just wish they still gave t-shirts for doing it.
[Reply]
363 12:21 PM 08-14-2012
here is a review for you guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkHR...ayer_embedded#!
[Reply]
Dave128 01:04 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by 363:
here is a review for you guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkHR...ayer_embedded#!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up