Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Good Eats>Five Guys Burgers and Fries
hotreds 07:21 PM 07-31-2012
Had one open near us recently. Also a Smash Burger- which we have yet to try.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:54 PM 07-31-2012
I'm a big fan of Five Guys. I used to wonder what people saw in In-N-Out, but then I realized that you had to get the double double and wow, I didn't know what I was missing.

Really, I think they are separate but equal. They are two different animals. If I had to choose, it'd be five guys due only to their fries. IMO, In-N-Out's fries suck.

Had Dog Haus for burgers (and a dog a different day). That was great but it was almost too much. The beauty of five guys and In-N-Out is the simplicity. No frills burgers that just taste good.
[Reply]
Tamichael99 08:10 PM 07-31-2012
Was there the other day been a year since i have been there and really love the fries
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:26 AM 08-01-2012
I used to enjoy their burgers (Not even close to in'n'out) until one day...................... I ordered a bacon, cheese and mustard hot dog. Best hot dogs I have ever had. They split them down the middle before grilling them so they have a nice snap to them. They are pricey for a hotdog but you gotta try one!!!
[Reply]
Zeuceone 05:47 AM 08-01-2012
Went once to see the fuss and it sucked. The fries were terrible once cold and that is how I got them.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:02 AM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Went once to see the fuss and it sucked. The fries were terrible once cold and that is how I got them.
Yah I hate their fries, you should try a hotdog though :-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:16 AM 08-01-2012
Weeze and I stopped at the one in Kent, OH on Monday. We had to run over and return our cable box and had planned on picking up salads somewhere.
We got the lady sized cheeseburgers, shared a small cajun fry, and still couldn't eat it all. Man, they give you a mess of food for the money.
I love fresh cut fries, Weeze doesn't. She liked them good enough. They were right out of the grease and nice and crispy. I agree with you guys, cold, greasy fresh cut fries are awful. I'm sure they'd replace them in a heartbeat, but I've never got cold ones at any of the stores I've visited, which amounts to 3, maybe 4.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:25 AM 08-01-2012
I never received cold fries, but I just do not like their fries. They are cut too thick for my preferences. I like thin crispy fries, I have never received crispy fries at 5guys.
[Reply]
area51 08:48 AM 08-01-2012
I love 5 Guys in Panama City, FL
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:50 AM 08-01-2012
We have a 5 Guys located in the Westfield Town Mall about 2 miles from our home. A friend of mine kept hassling me about "you need to go there and try one." So, I went, I tried, and really wasn't impressed.

On the other hand, my favorite place is "The Habit" burger grill. Its a small California chain with a couple of Habits located in the Arizona area as well.

They make an awesome charburger with cheese:-)

My backup location would be an In and Out...

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Yah I hate their fries, you should try a hotdog though :-)
Love a good dawg with Sauerkraut Shane. May have to visit and give that one a shot. Doesn't hurt to at least try...:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:56 AM 08-01-2012
Do it Mark, you will enjoy it!!!
[Reply]
363 11:04 AM 08-01-2012
I don't know, it might just be me but I enjoy five guys. Granted I don't have a lot of other choices in terms of burger places near me besides the fast food joints. I will try that hot dog the next time I go thou it sounds good
[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 11:23 AM 08-01-2012
The hamburgers are fantastic.

The fries... well, you put up with the fries because of the hamburgers!
[Reply]
pektel 11:28 AM 08-01-2012
I'm actually not too picky about a burger. I'm perfectly happy with a double cheese from burger king for $1.49. But I've also never eaten at a five guys/in n out before. There aren't any near me.

Just checked both location finders on their websites. Absolutely no in-n-out's. Closest Five Guys is 80 miles away.
[Reply]
363 11:34 AM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy:
The hamburgers are fantastic.

The fries... well, you put up with the fries because of the hamburgers!
a lot of hate on the fries, I can deal with them, not my favorite at all but my wife loves them
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:34 AM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They suck.
I did not want to rain on the parade, but I agree... Well, I should say I don't know what the big deal is. I am not a fast food guy, give me a pizza or sub over a hamburger joint any day!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 12:01 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Agree, all I kept hearing was "OMG the best burger place" My pick is still In & Out... IMO... :-)
[Reply]
363 12:02 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
Agree, all I kept hearing was "OMG the best burger place" My pick is still In & Out... IMO... :-)
Never been to an In & Out
[Reply]
Ender 12:08 PM 08-01-2012
Can't get em medium rare. Not a fan of that. That said they still tend to be juicy, but....I do love their fries.
[Reply]
Dave128 12:45 PM 08-01-2012
Five Guys is OK, but we have a place called Juicy Burger near me that is a ton better.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up