Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Gators @ Seminoles
icehog3 10:40 AM 11-26-2008
Rated one of the 6 most overrated College Football rivalries by Fox Sports.

Originally Posted by :
Florida vs. Florida State
That this rivalry lands on our list is no fault of the Gators. They've held up their end of the bargain. They've brought QBs like Chris Leak and Tim Tebow to the table, while the most exciting FSU playmaker in recent years was Lorenzo Booker, aka the poor-man's version of Warrick Dunn. Has Florida State even had an average QB this decade? This used to be a can't-miss dandy because of the skill players involved. But since FSU hasn't had a game-changer on offense in forever, it's no shock that Florida has won four straight and handed the 'Noles their worst loss since 1983 with last year's 45-12 rout.
Predictions?
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 10:43 AM 11-26-2008
UF by 42
[Reply]
pnoon 10:43 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Rated one of the 6 most overrated College Football rivalries by Fox Sports.

Predictions?
I predict you and the Ol' Ball Draggin' Geezer will make some sort of wager. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:46 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I predict you and the Ol' Ball Draggin' Geezer will make some sort of wager. :-)
I was hoping I might drag Senor Rick into this mess! You know me to well, Peter! :-)
[Reply]
funnymantrip 10:48 AM 11-26-2008
In 1997 I went to the Swamp to watch the best football team in the country take on a very very average UF team. As I tailgated I lined up air-fare and hotel for the National Championship game against Nebraska. Florida played and outstanding game. We did not tackle J. Green. Game over.

Florida is coming to the Doak with what could be the best team in the country. Scary good on offense and a defense who loves to put them up early. Should they win, yes..Should they win big, yes... On the other side of the ball you have kids who are just as fast.

With that said...FSU by 7
[Reply]
icehog3 10:50 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by funnymantrip:
In 1997 I went to the Swamp to watch the best football team in the country take on a very very average UF team. As I tailgated I lined up air-fare and hotel for the National Championship game against Nebraska. Florida played and outstanding game. We did not tackle J. Green. Game over.

Florida is coming to the Doak with what could be the best team in the country. Scary good on offense and a defense who loves to put them up early. Should they win, yes..Should they win big, yes... On the other side of the ball you have kids who are just as fast.

With that said...FSU by 7

Very bold. Sir! :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 11:32 AM 11-26-2008
Florida wins by 70 and is immediately annointed SEC and nat'l champs.
[Reply]
CBI_2 01:04 PM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Florida wins by 70 and is immediately annointed SEC and nat'l champs.
:-) You can wake up now Ritchie.:-)

With that said, as a 'Noles fan I think they are coming out of the darkness finally but won't win this one. Go Gators. National Champs.
[Reply]
jjirons69 01:30 PM 11-26-2008
I say Gators by 28. They're playing the best ball in the nation right now.

Sorry, Ritchie, I had to say it.
[Reply]
galaga 01:36 PM 11-26-2008
The only thing going for us is we are playing at home. This team can look so bad that I can't watch it. Wake Forrest was a killer and BC was even worse. Line looks to be UF/-16.5 Tell ya what, send me your addy and I'll send you a fiver. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:01 PM 11-26-2008
This one is so much about the athletes on the field and this year I think we have more playmakers. I will take Florida by 6.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least though for us to pull a Gator and lose this one!!!!
[Reply]
rizzle 02:21 PM 11-26-2008
[Reply]
floydpink 02:25 PM 11-26-2008
I think an upset is in the making.

Be aware, I said the same thing in the Super Bowl, so my credibility is high.

FSU by 10
[Reply]
icehog3 02:46 PM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by galaga:
The only thing going for us is we are playing at home. This team can look so bad that I can't watch it. Wake Forrest was a killer and BC was even worse. Line looks to be UF/-16.5 Tell ya what, send me your addy and I'll send you a fiver. :-)
Not a chance, but if FSU does pull this one off, I will send you a fiver, Rick! :-)

Originally Posted by floydpink:
I think an upset is in the making.

Be aware, I said the same thing in the Super Bowl, so my credibility is high.

FSU by 10
Stop it! You're killin' me!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
galaga 03:11 PM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not a chance, but if FSU does pull this one off, I will send you a fiver, Rick! :-)

Stop it! You're killin' me!!! :-) :-)
We got a bet for a fiver or not Gator Breath?:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:08 PM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by galaga:
We got a bet for a fiver or not Gator Breath?:-):-)
Fine, Semi-hole, you're on. :-) :-)
[Reply]
taltos 06:31 AM 11-28-2008
I am afraid that UF will win but I would love to see some smoked Gator.:-)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 07:02 AM 11-28-2008
It would be nice for the gators to win 52-20 for the old ball coach. Gators by no less than 4 touchdowns, despite unlimited free shoes up in Tallahassee.
[Reply]
silentjon 07:19 AM 11-28-2008
I dislike both teams (a bit of a understatement), but UF has looked very impressive, especially as of late. UF wins 49-23.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:33 AM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
I am afraid that UF will win but I would love to see some smoked Gator.:-)
Come over to my house after the game, Paul, at least you can see a Gator smoking. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up