Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>What are your thoughts on backwoods???
Trevonator 11:21 PM 01-03-2012
I had some backwoods the other day and personall, I really enjoyed them. So what are your thoughts on them??? What's your favorite gas station cigar, too???
[Reply]
icehog3 11:36 PM 01-03-2012
Grew up on Black and Milds in the cardboard box from Walgreens, smoked 'em almost every night for many years. Then I discovered handmade cigars, and never looked back. Haven't had a "gas station" cigar in over a decade.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:37 PM 01-03-2012
Welcome to cigar asylum! Please be sure to introduce yourself in the New Inmate Forum so we can get to know you!

As far as your question, I haven't smoked gas station cigars in a long time, but in High School I liked smoking the Swisher's Strawberry Cigarillos. The AyC Grenadiers weren't that bad back then either.
[Reply]
T.G 11:51 PM 01-03-2012
For tobacco infused chemically flavored masking tape, they're pretty good.
[Reply]
Remo 12:07 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Trevonator:
I had some backwoods the other day and personall, I really enjoyed them. So what are your thoughts on them??? What's your favorite gas station cigar, too???
I used to smoke them while fishing, good for what they were but I doubt I would ever smoke another after discovering real gars'
[Reply]
jsnake 12:11 AM 01-04-2012
I haven't smoked a gas station cigar in since the mid '90's. I never intend to smoke another one either.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:20 AM 01-04-2012
7 11 here has partagas, LGC and some others but not sure how well they are humidified.
[Reply]
T.G 12:49 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by jsnake:
I haven't smoked a gas station cigar in since the mid '90's. I never intend to smoke another one either.
Not even for a Klondike Bar?
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:57 AM 01-04-2012
:-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 01:25 AM 01-04-2012
Never tried a backwoods. There's some gas stations owned on tribal land that have nice smoke like Hemingway short stories or punch or even Romeo Y Julieta and more.Even had AVO once. Cheaper than most B &M's in the area too. Guess them will be the only gas station smokes I'll smoke.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 01:37 AM 01-04-2012
I'll still smoke them while fishing if someone else bought the pack. My only problem is the price on them. $7 for 5 smokes that last 15 minutes just doesn't make sense to me. I have stuff that lasts a lot longer and tastes better that I bought for the same amount.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:01 AM 01-04-2012
I used to like Backwoods, but that was before I enjoyed tobacco. I will never smoke another machine rolled gas station cigar again, why would I?
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:24 AM 01-04-2012
Swisher Sweets were my old mainstay before I discovered real sticks. :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 06:42 AM 01-04-2012
I used to smoke one every now and then....then I discovered cigars, never again.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:43 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Swisher Sweets were my old mainstay before I discovered real sticks. :-)
And now it's Swisher Sweet Grape!:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 06:54 AM 01-04-2012
I used to smoke them now and then while fishing years ago. They keep the skeeters away, but so do good smokes.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 07:03 AM 01-04-2012
I smoked them my first deployment. I enjoyed them for the most part.... I bought them from the locals so they might have had weed in them because i cannot smoke them anymore, they are just tooo weak. But hey man you smoke what ever you want. Just be willing to experiment its like sex. If you go doggie all the time you are hurting your love life....
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:38 AM 01-04-2012
I've had one machine-made flavored cigar in my life. I have no idea what it was (it was part of a joke trade thing on another board). It was absolutely disgusting and I will never have another one ever again. It wasn't anything like a cigar at all, from flavor to construction to burn. Handmade, non-flavored are all I ever need from here on out.
[Reply]
Boz 08:04 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
And now it's Swisher Sweet Grape!:-)
Swisher Sweet Grape Maduro :-)
[Reply]
Trevonator 08:04 AM 01-04-2012
Backwoods aren't that great to smoke ALL THE TIME, but I guess they're a good backup cigar. But, yeah. I forgot who said it, but they are VERY weak and had very little flavor. It was funny because I let my friend try one and he said it tasted like a freshener that you put in a toilet bowl...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up