Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>What do you think about "Expensive Cigars?"
kelmac07 01:30 PM 12-24-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Kelmac would tell you that a 601 Blue maduro is worth $15.
Yes sir!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Redlegsmoker 09:35 AM 12-26-2011
I smoked a Christmas present yesterday Fuente "Between the Lines" it was $16 cigar. I enjoy the Fuente "Short Story" a whole hell of a lot more. I'm glad it was a one cigar gift.
I have only been smoking a short time but I am learning the cost or size doesn't matter it is what you like to smoke that does. Be it a $3 dollar or $16 cigar.
Also learned that the setting and atmosphere help to make a great smoke.

Happy New Year
Dave
'
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 09:35 PM 12-26-2011
Unless I'm buying from a B&M to smoke there (or on my next visit), I have a _really_ hard time paying more than $6 for a smoke. Part of it is how much shopping around I do, I find I can find most things I want to try for $2-3 from various bundles around the 'net.
[Reply]
kuzi16 06:39 AM 12-27-2011
there is a sentiment out there against Davidoff. ive been smoking cigars for 6 or so years and to tell the truth, i used to think they were overpriced and had no flavor.

i think part of it was because at the time i had no idea what i was smoking because my palate had not been developed. i didnt know how to retrohale. i confused body and strength with flavor. i was 100% in the "the fuller the better" mindset.

as i moved along in my cigar journey i began to appreciate milder cigars. i could see more of the flavor. i could understand what was going on.

Davidoff is now one of my favorite brands.

i have actually began to take all this "Davidoff hate" with a grain of salt if it is coming from someone who will only smoke full bodied cigars.

there are some people i know who dont like Davidoff not because they are "expensive and not full bodied" but because they actually dont like the flavor profile, and i can understand that. the signature "Kelner musk" isnt for everyone, much like not everyone likes the spicy blending syle of DPG, or lito Gomez.

all that being said, i have no problem dropping $15+ on a davidoff.
[Reply]
RobR1205 03:22 PM 12-30-2011
Everyone has different palettes. I've "expensive" cigars that I personally hated and my friends loved, and vice-versa. I personally just love trying new stuff that I've never tried before. Smoking can be sometimes be a gamble, but that's what makes it so fun!
[Reply]
longknocker 03:25 PM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
Everyone has different palettes. I've "expensive" cigars that I personally hated and my friends loved, and vice-versa. I personally just love trying new stuff that I've never tried before. Smoking can be sometimes be a gamble, but that's what makes it so fun!
:-) If You Don't Try It, You'll Never Know! :-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 03:38 PM 12-30-2011
They should have samples.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up