Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>People underestimate you because of your Age?
kaisersozei 07:54 AM 12-18-2011
Don't take offense--I'd say enjoy it, but that won't happen until you're in your 40s. :-)

A couple weeks ago I was carded buying beer, and then later that day, a cashier at Hallmark asked me if I wanted the "55 and Older" discount. :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 09:29 PM 12-29-2011
What i love is when i get to a new Unit. I first try to find guys who like to burn the stick. Well every time i meet a new guy he has to to grill me. Its like they are tiring to keep me out of the "Smokers Club".
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 09:56 PM 12-29-2011
Not really, but I somewhat feel that way when I walk into the humidor at the liquor store and there's a couple older guys in there. I'm 24.

I haven't been to any B&M's yet, kind of for that reason.
[Reply]
whodeeni 10:55 PM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:
I'm 23 and look 16 - so I'm in the same boat. Hell - I get carded for R-Rated movies.

Just :-) it off. I encounter it in more places than just a cigar shop. And after going to the cigar shop 3 times I stopped encountering it there. It is one of those problems that there isn't a solution for, I'm afraid. :-)
I'll be honest, I remember blinking when I met you the first time Alex, but you're a great guy! We need to get up sometime soon brotha!:-)
[Reply]
lenguamor 11:02 PM 12-29-2011
All the time; they don't expect much from this old fart, but I keep surprising 'em!
[Reply]
lenguamor 11:03 PM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
A couple weeks ago I was carded buying beer, and then later that day, a cashier at Hallmark asked me if I wanted the "55 and Older" discount. :-)
That's cold.
[Reply]
T.G 11:26 PM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I never had a problem with people talking down to me :-)

Some ironic situations here and there....but that's really about it.

This is ripe for a midget joke.

Must resist. At least for a short time.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up