Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Esencia Ltd. '08 Petit Corona
GHC_Hambone 12:01 AM 06-09-2009
Before the review, I wanted to give a little background information. This cigar was from my friend Reggie. Way back on CS there was a thread where some experienced smokers would adopt a "noob" and send them some smokes each month. My job was to review them and give my thoughts. Reggie sent me a lot of great cigars and these are the last of the bunch. Thanks again Reggie!

First off, I thought the band was cool, it had BOTL on it and looked nice with the black. The cigar also looked good, dark and solid.

The flavors started off woody and earthy, with some coffee flavors as well. There was some sweetness too in the back. This cigar gave out LOTS of smoke and had a good draw as well. The aroma this cigar gave off was also very enjoyable. Throughout the cigar the earth, coffee, and sweet flavors remained. There was a few harsh puffs now and then but not too bad. The last of the cigar had a very rich coffee flavor and this surprised me, usually cigars taste harsh to me at the end.

Overall I would give this a 9/10. A well constructed and tasty cigar. One of the sweeter cigars I have smoked (minus ACIDs lol). Reggie sent me this cigar in a few different sizes, so I will update on those when I smoke them.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:39 AM 06-09-2009
Nice review Joe...I have one of these sitting in the humi.
[Reply]
reggiebuckeye 04:54 AM 06-09-2009
You admitted smoking an Acid? The horror.

Great review. I really like those cigars. I have to get my hands on some more. Glad to see you enjoyed them as well.
[Reply]
dunng 07:21 AM 06-09-2009
Thanks for the review! :-) These are great sticks!
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:46 AM 06-09-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
:-) - an excellent smoke in all sizes....
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 04:49 PM 06-25-2009
I smoked the Corona Gorda size today. Just as good, maybe even a little less harsh. Burned excellent and gave out lots of smoke all the way to the nub. I definitely recommend these!
[Reply]
scooter 07:23 AM 06-27-2009
Thanks for the review. These are a great smoke.
[Reply]
md4958 07:33 AM 06-27-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
:-) - an excellent smoke in all sizes....
:-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 08:04 AM 06-27-2009
Excellent review. I think these cigars are great.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 10:43 AM 06-27-2009
Great review..I have one I have yet to try
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:26 PM 07-15-2009
Smoked one of these today...and this stick made me dizzy (first time this has happened). This is one little powerful stick.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:57 PM 07-22-2009
Thanks for the review!!!

These are excellent!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Joan 02:03 PM 07-22-2009
OooooOOOoOOOOO! [she moans] I've tried all but the lancero size and am STILL in LOVE these delicious NC's!

Glad to hear you have several shapes to try out. I do think the PC is the tastiest. No wait, that beli is probably it. Yeah. Er... oh never mind, I they are ALL my faves! :-)
[Reply]
G G 03:49 PM 07-22-2009
Never had the pleasure of one (yet), thanks for the review.:-)
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 05:14 PM 07-23-2009
After smoking 4 of these, I can safely say these are amazing cigars. I finished with the robusto today. Same great taste as the others. Awesome construction too! Lately I have had some burn trouble with my cigars lately, and I was wondering if it was my humi. Well this cigar had no problems. Burned great all the way, and if one part started lagging behind it quickly fixed itself. If I had any complaints with the robusto, it would be a bit of harshness at the end and it seemed to burn quick for a robusto. Other than that, these are excellent cigars. These are a must try, I HIGHLY recommend them! (thank you Reggie for the opportunity to try these!) I looked online and they are a little pricey but I would buy them for sure if I had the money.

Thanks for reading my reviews.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:57 PM 08-07-2009
I smoked a torpedo last night. Excellent smoke!
I give it :-):-)
[Reply]
reggiebuckeye 06:48 PM 08-08-2009
I need more. I just need to break down and buy them. So tasty. So addictive. Glad you enjoyed them. It was hard to send them. That is how much I like them.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:23 AM 11-26-2010
Smoked one that I have had in the humi almost 18 months tonight, and was not disappointed. Perfect construction, drew great with gobs of smoke and burned razor sharp.

An excellent balance between smoothness and spice. Earthy, woody flavors without any of that "pepper" profile that so many full bodied NCs seem to have. Just another confirmation that these are my absolute favorite NC cigar.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:05 AM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Smoked one that I have had in the humi almost 18 months tonight, and was not disappointed. Perfect construction, drew great with gobs of smoke and burned razor sharp.

An excellent balance between smoothness and spice. Earthy, woody flavors without any of that "pepper" profile that so many full bodied NCs seem to have. Just another confirmation that these are my absolute favorite NC cigar.
I Agree, Tom!:-) I Haven't Tried The PC, Yet, But I Prefer The Belicoso Over The Corona Gorda. Definitely A Boxworthy Stick!:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:09 AM 11-26-2010
you'll get no argument from me,I love this cigar.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up